Slow Scenery Loading

For all topics that don't fit into another category. Note that we cannot promise that any of these posts will be responded to by our development team.
connormcc15

Slow Scenery Loading

Post by connormcc15 »

Hi

My name connor. I just done a complete reinstall of p3d. I deleted everything and followed the instructions given in the user guide on the downloads page on the prepar3d website.

I have reinstalled p3dv4.5 hotfix and reinstalled all of my addons such as ORBX Global, Vector, OpenLC Europe, North America LC, EU Ireland, and my orbx airports and other scenery developer's. ASP3Dv4, Rex Skyforce 3d, Rex Environment Force, FSUIPC, GSX Level 2, Fslabs a320 and a319. PMDG 737.

The issue I'm having is when I'm departing an airport or on approach to an airport p3d freezes for around 10 seconds if not more. Its like it's trying to load the scenery. It happens every time at any airport I depart from or fly into.

I have tried everything I could think of such as disabling ORBX Vector but didn't work. I deleted FSUIPC to see if it had anything to do with it but no it didn't. I have ran the sim without ASP3Dv4 and rex skyforce and rex environment force but still doesn't make a difference.

I have never had this issue before in previous p3d versions such as P3Dv4.5, 4.4, 4.3, 4.2, 4.1. The problem only seems to have started with the latest version of prepared P3Dv4.5 Hotfix. I'm not sure what else I can do as I normally have always found how to fix these problems myself in the past but really don't know what's going on this time.

People also seems to be having similar issues as me also as there is a topic on the prepar3d forum called "Improved Performance in 4.5 but more freezes". Here is the link to the post.

https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopi ... 2&t=133614

Here are my specs also

Intel Core i7 6700K Skylake Processor 4.00 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 2GB Graphics Card

Seagate 1000GB 7200RPM Hard Disk - 6Gbps
(P3d is installed on the 1TB hard drive)

256GB Samsung SM951 M.2 PCIe Solid State Drive ( window's 10 is installed on the 256GB SSD)

8GB Corsair/Crucial DDR4 2133MHz Memory (2 x 4GB sticks)

Kind Regards

Connor McCormack
I am inquiring about p3d I have the academic license.I am having some issues when running the p3d.exe.When I run the p3d.exe I get an error saying

Couldn’t Load Language Resource DLL
Error File:
Error Code:0x7E (126)
Program is aborting!
paulthorn

Re: Slow Scenery Loading

Post by paulthorn »

Hi Connor
Same here. After downloading and installing hotfix 4.5 I now have the stutters when scenery is loading. I've tried all the fixes I can think of but can not get rid of them. Never had them until this latest hotfix.
Paul
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

@ connormcc15,

"The issue I'm having is when I'm departing an airport or on approach to an airport p3d freezes for around 10 seconds if not more. Its like it's trying to load the scenery. It happens every time at any airport I depart from or fly into. "

Your PC (specs) is doing the best job it can running all your Add-ons.

What are your FPS on departures / arrivals / airports?

Have you contacted your Add-on programs developers and asked about it?
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

Connor,

3 steps to solve your issue:

1. Most important: get a graphics card with more than the absolute minimum of VRAM on it

2. Get more RAM, and faster if possible

3. Overclock your CPU

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.