[RESOLVED] text line to a certain standard size

For all topics that don't fit into another category. Note that we cannot promise that any of these posts will be responded to by our development team.
johnliem

[RESOLVED] text line to a certain standard size

Post by johnliem »

Hello

Is it possible or how to make the text line to a certain size or format like this

https://ibb.co/k2bgjz

instead of long line, thanks
Win11 Pro 64 Bit, Intel® Core i9-12900K, Nvidia RTX 3090 Ti, DDR4 3600 64GB, P3D V5
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Re: text line to a certain standard size

Post by Rob McCarthy »

Hello,

Does putting newline characters '\n' at the desired break points solve the issue?

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead
johnliem

Post by johnliem »

Hello Rob

thanks for your reply, can you tell me where do I have to put the charcters you mentions, just more detail what I want that the text line position just like the printscreen I eclosed , again thanks for your reply.
Win11 Pro 64 Bit, Intel® Core i9-12900K, Nvidia RTX 3090 Ti, DDR4 3600 64GB, P3D V5
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Post by Rob McCarthy »

Try putting them after the last character where each row ends in your screenshot.

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead
johnliem

Post by johnliem »

I am a bit confused, the text shown in my screenshot appear automaticly from active sky weahter and the other one from Radar contact,
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Post by Rob McCarthy »

Hello,

Is this a question regarding making your own text messages using SimConnect or modifying how a third party's application is displaying text? If it concerns third party content then this text is defined in their executable and you will not be able to modify it.

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead
johnliem

Post by johnliem »

Hello Rob

Thanks for coming back to me, my question is regarding that displaying the text position form P3D, I think it has nothing to do with the third party content, as you know that P3D is diplaying default txt as a long line, so my question is , is it possible to make the position of the txt line like my printscreen as default instead of as a line above the screen. again thanks
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Post by Rob McCarthy »

When this text appears you can right click on it and undock the view displaying it. You can then resize this window and dock it again in the application. As far as actual formatting of text that is up to the developer making these calls to print to the screen.

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead
johnliem

Post by johnliem »

Okay Rob thanks for your time, in fact that is what I have done so far, it seem that I need to do that everytime I open P3D, I thought that it is possible to edit somewhere to make the position of the the text like in my printscreen as default position, again thanks for your time ;-)