Problems encountered and solved

For all topics that don't fit into another category. Note that we cannot promise that any of these posts will be responded to by our development team.
Old John

Problems encountered and solved

Post by Old John »

Hi to you all.
It has now been a month since I bit the bullet and came to P3D. At first I found it very clumsy and hard to use, having flown fsx for a few years. But now that I am use to the quirks of p3d I would never consider going back to fsx. I run a fairly high end PC from Chillblast and Oculus VR Saitek controls. I mainly fly a HS 748 propliner from just flight. Over the past month I have been nudging the sliders further to the right I now have most of them on the maximum. Scenery is from Orbx. I fly UK and northen Europe. Over complex ground I get 35, 40, and 50 fps. I have not, as yet had that annoying 'out of memory' error that I use to get frequently with fsx. I use system ATC. OK not the most realistic ATC but it does have progressive taxi, vital at Schipol EHAM. I would like a better ATC but can't make them work on P3D. Any recommendations?
Now for a couple of problems. Pilot Records. I deleted a couple of entries from the pilot records, because they weren't real flights just test of things. But now 'Pilot records does record anything at all and appears stuck at 5.6 hours. Any ideas how I can rectify this and get it recording again? Kneeboard, the checklists for my add on ACs does not appear on the kneeboard. Which is a problem as when using VR it is very hard to read a physical notepad. But all in all I would highly recommend this P3D.
John Caselton