[RESOLVED] No Longer Scanning Aircraft

For all topics that don't fit into another category. Note that we cannot promise that any of these posts will be responded to by our development team.
Grover#1

[RESOLVED] No Longer Scanning Aircraft

Post by Grover#1 »

Suddenly my P3d V4.5 has stopped scanning my airplanes file...When I try to change aircraft the planes never come up on the screen for me to choose...It just sits there...I need help! Is there any .cfg type file I can delete/edit to make the program re-scan the planes? Thanks!

Steve
Martyson

Re: No Longer Scanning Aircraft

Post by Martyson »

Grover#1 wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:54 am Suddenly my P3d V4.5 has stopped scanning my airplanes file...When I try to change aircraft the planes never come up on the screen for me to choose...It just sits there...I need help! Is there any .cfg type file I can delete/edit to make the program re-scan the planes? Thanks!

Steve
@ Grover#1 ,
Steve

What was the last mod, saved flight, aircraft install, etc. you did?

Did you re-boot the PC and try again?
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
Grover#1

Post by Grover#1 »

I had installed Ultimate Traffic Live from Flight 1 ...I deleted it as it really hit the frame rate hard...Ever since that delete, I have not been able to change aircraft...The simulator runs fine, airports load, etc., but it is not reading my aircraft library...Thanks!
Grover#1

Post by Grover#1 »

I did a registry scan, re-booted the computer but no luck...
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

Grover#1 wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:13 am I had installed Ultimate Traffic Live from Flight 1 ...I deleted it as it really hit the frame rate hard...Ever since that delete, I have not been able to change aircraft...The simulator runs fine, airports load, etc., but it is not reading my aircraft library...Thanks!
Grover#1 ,
Steve

You are welcome.

Best to contact F1 support.

Note:
I am not using any Traffic Add-ons.
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

The OP replied on the P3D forum at flightsim.com that he had inadvertently installed a non-compatible aircraft (he did not report which).

Once that was removed, the issue was resolved.

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.