Prepar3D v2.0 Developer Blog – DirectX11 - Discussion Thread

Forum Rules & News
FlightOnFly

Post by FlightOnFly »

Thank you WBard and also Lockheed for continue this fantastic job. i think that this idea of Blog articles and forum discussion about vNext feature it is very helpful for Users / Developers and i hope for you and your Team. I hope Dev Team will continue share with us features and opinion.

Fabio
FlightControlReplay Developer
WBard

Post by WBard »

Thanks all. We have some future ideas for blogs that we will be excited to keep sharing.
MikeT707

Post by MikeT707 »

Quote:
Quote from WBard on October 18, 2013, 14:40

Thanks all. We have some future ideas for blogs that we will be excited to keep sharing.

Thanks Wes and many thanks to the rest of the team. We are all looking forward to future information.
ErichB

Post by ErichB »

Quote:

Thanks Mr Bard for all you and your team are doing. We look forward to the final release, but please don't stop blogging....

Keep going!

Erich :)
ErichB

Post by ErichB »

Quote:

Thanks Mr Bard for all you and your team are doing. We look forward to the final release, but please don't stop blogging....

Keep going!

ErichB

Post by ErichB »

Quote:

Keep going!

Hightower

Post by Hightower »

W Bard I can assure you that the ones who enjoy reading and anticipate the improvements and features of V2 far out number those who mumble and complain. Look forward to the next blog update!
KelvinNZ

Post by KelvinNZ »

Quote:
Quote from WBard on October 18, 2013, 10:52

As you can see above, any post referencing any sidestepping or inferring anyone is not abiding by the EULA or using Prepar3D in ways it is not licensed to be used will not be tolerated. Those who have, this is a final warning.

We sincerely enjoyed the discussions we had here, and enjoyed answering a lot of your questions, but we will be going very dutifully back to work on v2 now.

Anyone mentioning feeling deceived or that we're not listening or sampling users for feedback, etc, please wait until you get the final product if you choose to buy it to pass judgement. We had very valid business reasons for doing our new fullscreen modes, and in the process of doing it fixed around 17 issues that were reported by users on this very forum.

This is a small part of the reason we don't comment publicly on features or releases until they are actually released, as v2 is still in development and comments and features may change.

Received loud and clear, on with the show...

K.

NatCrea

Post by NatCrea »

Maybe Im too late to ask a question...but Beau, this comment scares me as I prefer multi-channel set-ups:

Quote:
We currently do not plan to support exclusive full screen. If we did ever bring it back, it would be limited to a single monitor until such time as the operating systems natively support a multi-monitor full screen mode that works.

As I often set-up 180+ Visuals with multiple computers (ie. one view per machine), I use the "old fashioned" full screen mode,

do you mean its gone now in v2.0?

Regards,

Nat Crea
www.simulatorvisuals.com
minime

Post by minime »

Quote:
Quote from NatCrea on October 20, 2013, 08:03

Maybe Im too late to ask a question...but Beau, this comment scares me as I prefer multi-channel set-ups:

Quote:
We currently do not plan to support exclusive full screen. If we did ever bring it back, it would be limited to a single monitor until such time as the operating systems natively support a multi-monitor full screen mode that works.

As I often set-up 180+ Visuals with multiple computers (ie. one view per machine), I use the "old fashioned" full screen mode,

do you mean its gone now in v2.0?

Regards,

Nat Crea

Thats how I understood it.

But they have a mode that looks exactly the same and has only a 6% speed penalty.

So it should not really affect you much.
KelvinNZ

Post by KelvinNZ »

Given the other optimizations I wouldn't think 6% performance reduction will be very noticeable.
Ptolemaeus

Post by Ptolemaeus »

How about the missile camera resolved in 2.0?
campospinto

Post by campospinto »

I find very good the way the team has been leading the development of version 2.0.

Thank P3D team, I'm anxious for V 2.0

João Alfredo
campospinto

Post by campospinto »

1-The effect of viewing thermal (hot gas turbine, an example) was included in P3D V2.0?

2 - DX11 offers more ease for this kind of effect?

Thank you.

João Alfredo

(translated by Google Translator)
WBard

Post by WBard »

We have a new way of doing full screen. The old way was buggy, and had lots of bugs we simply could not fix without creating a new way. We've created a new mode, with more customization, that allows many more of our customers to be successful in their training setups.

It does not have a 6% speed penalty. Please let's set the record straight, I'll take a minute to explain it a little bit.

In the absolute worst case, which none of you would be likely to ever hit, it could possibly be a maximum 6% speed penalty. In most cases, you won't be able to notice it. In many of our cases, we see a marked improvement in customers and solutions with multiple windows and monitors in fullscreen. However even if you fell into the small case that would lose some performance from full screen, there are many other things we've done which more than make up for that small loss.