Prepar3D v2 Hotfix (2.5.12945.0)

Forum Rules & News
Adam Breed
Lockheed Martin

Post by Adam Breed »

Hello All,

Below is a hotfix to bring all previous v2.5s to 2.5.12945.0. (Do not apply this hotfix with our latest downloads as these are already version 2.5.12945.0)

Academic/Professional: http://www.prepar3d.com/wp-content/plug ... php?id=166
Professional Plus: http://www.prepar3d.com/wp-content/plug ... php?id=167

The hotfix addresses the following issues only:

Platform Fixes:

Fixed a Pure Virtual Error when transitioning between high resolution imagery and default scenery.
Corrected floating buildings across multiple GPUs.
Corrected batched scenery objects flickering across multiple GPUs.
Corrected runway lights not rendering across multiple GPUs.
Fixed an issue where AI aircraft would not correctly clear navigation settings. This would cause the AI to constantly overwrite control surface values being set by the user through SimConnect.
Fixed a bug where scenery objects would not correlate across multiple views.
Fixed shadow issues with GPU terrain and with bathymetry enabled.
Fixed an issue where non-tessellated terrain would not respect ground detail flag.
Corrected some textures appearing dull if the Scenario Setup screen was used.
Fixed crash on shutdown when multiple devices were used.

SimDirector Fixes:

Context menus will now correctly correspond to the clicked graph node in Mission Visualization.
Fixed a crash related to saving and applying changes with a spinner box selected.
Fixed a crash related to changing units with the Measure Tool.
Fixed a crash when moving SceneryObjects.
Scenario Visualization now displays an indication of loading for large scenarios.
Fixed an issue that would cause event actions to generate invalid values of ": 0".

Extract the appropriate zip file and copy the contained files on top of your default installation. You should accept all prompts to overwrite files (Yes or Yes to All).

The full Prepar3D download links will be updated in the near future to include this hotfix, but you are encouraged to use this hotfix patch whenever possible.

Please be aware, if any third party software modified any of the dlls included in the hotfix, you will need to reinstall their content/add-on. Additionally, when using this hotfix, any Prepar3D repair or reinstallation will need the hotfix reapplied.

Thanks for being a part of the community and enjoy,
Adam
Prepar3D® Engineering Project Manager
Carl

Post by Carl »

Thank-you Adam and LM team.
MSI Meg ACE mobo - AMD 3800x CPU - 32gb RAM @ 3600 - ( 2) 1tb PCIe4 M.2s, (2) 1tb EVO SSDs - GTX1070 8gb OC GPU - single 32" monitor @ 2560x1440 - Win 10 Pro
Digger57

Post by Digger57 »

Can't download the hotfix using your link. It keeps asking me to log in. But I am logged in!

Digger57

Post by Digger57 »

Never mind. Restarted, logged in and it works now!
nemo06

Post by nemo06 »

ASN does not work and Orbx objectsflow is incompatible.
Is becoming a nightmare.
Saul

Post by Saul »

ASN does not work and Orbx objectsflow is incompatible.
Is becoming a nightmare.

Guys.... you know it takes the addon companies a day or so to update their software to ours.
Applying the Hotfix is optional and if you want your addon content then wait a few days for everyone to catch up.
nemo06

Post by nemo06 »

OK but it is better that everyone knows.
greggerm

Post by greggerm »

"OK but it is better that everyone knows."

It certainly is important for people to understand P3D hotfixes (and updates to FSX:SE, for that matter) will often break the compatibility of certain addon components. That said, editorializing that it is becoming a nightmare might be a bit strong, don't you think?

FSUIPC, ASN, ObjectFlow, and FSDreamTeam items are the most common (but not the only) addons affected by version and/or .DLL changes in P3D and FSX:SE. It stands to reason that EVERY hotfix produced for P3D/FSX:SE will cause a similar issue with these items due to how the addons are coded. I'm sensing some irritation at this circumstance, but in my opinion, the alternative of getting no updates is far worse.

Might I recommend the following:

* When a P3D hotfix comes out, carefully consider which is more mission critical to you - the hotfix improvements or the addons which are sensitive to these changes. Then you can simply make the decision to deploy immediately, wait for your key addons to become compliant before deploying, or remain squarely on the platform you have working today.

* Whenever deploying a P3D hotfix, make backup copies of the files which are being replaced. Some folks go so far as to make a full duplicate of their P3D installation directory for safekeeping before an update or hotfix. If you encounter unexpected problems, just slide the original files back into place, clear those shaders, and carry on as if nothing happened. This can be especially important if you put the hotfix in expecting your critical addon developer to release an update the next day, only to find out they will get to it in a week or two!

Knowing P3D hotfixes will almost always cause some of my key addons to fail, it's now my standard practice to simply wait patiently for the developer to catch up with the new P3D version. The early adopters who jump in on day one usually report back about the success of the bugfixes and any potential compatibility issues, so I'll let them blaze the trail while we wait a few moments for HiFi Sim, Pete Dowson, the Orbx crew, and any others to retool their products.

Amazingly enough, this hotfix was released during a time when Pete Dowson (of FSUIPC fame) was not on vacation, which I think marks a first for the franchise! ;)

-Greg
olealm

Post by olealm »

Amazingly enough, this hotfix was released during a time when Pete Dowson (of FSUIPC fame) was not on vacation, which I think marks a first for the franchise! ;)

Yes, that must be a first :)
Objectflow tells me it's not happy with 12945, but still works like a charm in my sim, btw.
FSUIPC 4.939i works fine too.
Not using ASN.

ignacio1414

Post by ignacio1414 »

How can i delete de object flow message when i start p3d?? Thank you
ignacio1414

Post by ignacio1414 »

abranpuko

Post by abranpuko »

Hello!
Thanks for the hotfix.
I have read this:
"Fixed an issue where AI aircraft would not correctly clear navigation settings. This would cause the AI to constantly overwrite control surface values being set by the user through SimConnect".

my question is: could this solve the draw distance of ai navigation lights?

thanks again!:)
Alvega

Post by Alvega »

I'll wait for ASN and Estonia Migration Tool compatible versions before installing this hotfix.
tinker27

Post by tinker27 »

Nice one LM guys ive downloaded it but not installed yet will wait a couple days till everyone catches up .

TINK

TomTom-21

Post by TomTom-21 »

is the OOM problem fixed ?