Prepar3D v2 Hotfix (2.5.12944.0)

Forum Rules & News
pipeorgan

Post by pipeorgan »

+1, I need to reinstall my whole windows 7 system so would prefer to install the P3D.. .44 full installer when it becomes available.
Hakan

Post by Hakan »

hi,
P3D 2.5.12944.0 full installer when it becomes available ?
ananda

Post by ananda »

"It is interesting that AI shadows are now appearing on photo-scenery with tessellation on"

But only with tessellation enabled.

With tessellation on, shadows are displayed but the taxiways do not align with photographic scenery.

With tessellation off, no shadows but the taxiways do align with photographic scenery.

The phrase "cleft stick" comes to mind.

Help.
RotorWash

Post by RotorWash »

Hi Guys

Completely new to P3D,pardon me if this has already been answered. Downloaded v2.5 yesterday,not installed as yet. Do I need to download and install the hotfix as well as the main installers,or is this hotfix integrated into the recent main installers I have just recently downloaded ?

Cheers

Ivan

Sorry,just noticed my recent version is only 43.0,so,I do need to install the hotfix.
SelcukZeren

Post by SelcukZeren »

When i installed the latest hotfix, AS next didn't work , what should i do??
ananda

Post by ananda »

Panic :)
lawlegge

Post by lawlegge »

Do you have the latest version of ASN. I believe they had to update for P3D v2.5...944 .
ifixrjs

Post by ifixrjs »

If you are having trouble downloading the link try using IE. Chrome gives me the message that I have to login for some reason.
flyingnurse

Post by flyingnurse »

After applying the fix my vehicle list is blank. Any ideas ??
david.merak

Post by david.merak »

After some days testing, i returnes to Version 2.4, i dont know why, i get better performance and FPS with v 2.4 than 2.5, is there any visual improvement that reduce at less 10% of the FPS?

Tested in a Lenovo Gamming y50 with gtx 860m 4gb video card and 16 gb ram and 128 corsair 3 ssd (500mb/480mb)

v2.4 the most of the time up to 40 most complicated situations to 60 fps the most of the time flying at 33000 ft.
v2.5 with the same machine and config, from 7-8 most comlpicated situations to 25 fps flying at 33000 ft

Both cases with same addons

stock planes.
FTX Vector last update
FTX Global Base last update
taxi to gate mmmx xtreme
FSGRW last release
Fs Dreamteam Groudn Services X

Any suggestions?

Best regards.

comair04

Post by comair04 »

After I installed this hotfix i went to run Prepar3d and it says my license is revoked. Then I deleted everything associated with Prepar3d. Did a clean install then downloaded this hotfix again after I ran Prepar3d v2.5 now stuck on the activation screen. No sign of working..

Endyamon

Post by Endyamon »

two weeks and new instaler nowhere ... nice
lawlegge

Post by lawlegge »

Did v2.5 activate at any point? That is, were you able to run/use v2.5 at all since installing v2.5?

"two weeks and new instaler nowhere …"

On the LM home page - My Account - Purchased Downloads - you will get v2.5.12943.0 - full installer...
Then the LM forum home page - Prepar3D Website and Download Questions - Prepar3D v2 Hotfix (2.5.12944.0) you will get the link for the ...944 Hotfix...
Although maybe not a 'click-and-go' scenario, it is still a fairly simple exercise...just remember to:

1. Do a full un-install of v2.4 - following instructions (and suggestions) as to backing up/deleting folders...this is required to:
A) release your current license activation for v2.4
- and -
B) because of folder structure changes with v2.5...

2. After installing v2.5, and before installing the Hotfix (or any addons), run - and test - the sim to make sure you have no issues.

3. Then (optionally make a backup copy of the original P3D install folder if desired) delete the contents of the 'Shaders' folder - C:\Users\*username*\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\Shaders...

4. and apply the Hotfix...and test again to check functionality.

5. Once it is working - then - a few at a time - adjust your personal settings. Check and test each time to better isolate any problems...

6. After your personal settings are stabilized - then - one by one - add any .cfg 'Tweaks' - testing after each one. Remember - every system is different - what works for some may not work for others...

7. Then, the same process for addons - one at a time - testing after each one...

The P3d sim is a proven platform that works in itself - what we need to do is get our individual computer systems set up properly to meet it's requirements.
comair04

Post by comair04 »

When I try to run it for the first time after the hotfix Prepar3d is stuck on the activation screen. Will not allow me to add any license info because it is grayed out.. Please help..
OldAirMail

Post by OldAirMail »

Have you read this? -> Questions Regarding Downloading and Activating Prepar3D

If you had, you might have seen this email address? -> licensing@prepar3d.com

Did you contact them?