Logitech/Saitek ProFlight Yoke No elevator or ailerons

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
KEMIC

Logitech/Saitek ProFlight Yoke No elevator or ailerons

Post by KEMIC »

I have lost both Elevator and Aileron Controls on Yoke in Both P3Dv5.4.9.28482 Pro and P3Dv6.1.8.31568. Worked perfectly for the past 10 years. All other buttons and controls work along with attached throttle quadrant. Able to assign all Axis assignments using Default Flight except elevator and ailerons. Have uninstalled and reinstalled a dozen times with no Joy. Using Windows 11 Pro 23H2 OS build 22631.2861.Have installed with and without Flight_Yoke_System_x64_8_0_213_0.exe and actually have more controls leaving Windows install rather than using .exe. Reboot after every uninstall, reinstall.USBEnhancedPowerManagementDisabler used after every install

OTHER Controls set to directInput.

THRUSTMASTER Hosta works fine and controls both Elevators and Ailerons so I know it is an issue with Flight Yoke.
I have sent a support request to Logitech, but was hoping someone may have experienced a similar issue and have found a fix.
Kevin

P3Dv6.1.8.31568 PRO,Windows 11 Pro V 23H2, i7-9700K CPU @4.70GHz,RAM 32.0 GB,NVIDIA GeForce GTX 2080Ti 11GB V536.67,Saitek ProFlight Yoke System,Rudder pedals,Throttle Quandrant,Multi Panel,2 Radio Panels, Switch Panel,2Flight Ins Panel
Martyson

Re: Logitech/Saitek ProFlight Yoke No elevator or ailerons

Post by Martyson »

Hi KEMIC<
Kevin

Did you test in P3D Options / Calibration ?

Are you using a USB Hub / Powered Hub?
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
KEMIC

Post by KEMIC »

HI Vaughan,
Yes nothing from the Yoke in Options or calibations. In am using a Powered USB 2.0 Hub. Havn't made any changes on the PC except regular Win 11 OS and regular driver updates. Nothing that appears to have a direct correlation to Yoke.
Kevin

P3Dv6.1.8.31568 PRO,Windows 11 Pro V 23H2, i7-9700K CPU @4.70GHz,RAM 32.0 GB,NVIDIA GeForce GTX 2080Ti 11GB V536.67,Saitek ProFlight Yoke System,Rudder pedals,Throttle Quandrant,Multi Panel,2 Radio Panels, Switch Panel,2Flight Ins Panel
KEMIC

Post by KEMIC »

still waiting on reply from LOGITECH
Tried this fix from thIs board in 2022
) Open up MS Setup USB Game Controllers
2) Find the installed game controllers entry "Flight Yoke System"
3) Left click Flight Yoke System to select it, then click the Properties button
4) Click any button or switch, or move any axis, on the yoke; you should see the matching button/switch/axis on the properties page light up
5) Leave the Properties page open, then start P3D as you normally would. The Saitek yoke and paired throttle quadrant should now respond and work.
Still did not work.

Keyboard and hosta controls still work fine as do all other controls and buttons on yoke and throttle quadrant when installed without .exe from Saitek. Fresh install using recommended instructions and Flight Yoke 64 bit exe stops all yoke and attached throttle quadrant functions.
All other controls such as rudder pedals, second throttle quadrant and radio control panels all A OK. Ailerons and elevators on yoke only thing not working.
Kevin

KEMIC

Post by KEMIC »

Follow up:
Heard back from Logitech with these suggestions
1.Download and install the latest drivers.
2. Re-calibrate the controller axes: RegEdit
3. Use USB 2.0 instead of 3.0 or 3.1
4. Bypass USB hubs and plug the device directly into the PC
5. Test the device in joy.cpl:
-To access the Windows controller tool, please type joy.cpl in the Windows Run box (Windows key and the R key pressed at the same time)
-Select Properties and the Test tab.
6. Test on another flight simulator

Followed All procedues after updating to 8.0.116.0 Drivers. NO Axis or Buttons or attached Throttle quandrant work or can be assigned
Roll back to 6.0.6.5 Drivers and follow 6 steps . All Buttons AND Throttle work and can be assigned, Still no AXIS control.
Installed Spad NEXT latest version, same results with either driver
Uninstalle Spad Next
Installed FSUIPC6 and Linda same results with either driver.

Logitech Suggested Faulty Hardware and to buy a new yoke.Current yoke is 10 years old, but worked fine up to last month using 6.0.6.5 drivers.
I was never able to get the yoke working with 8.0.116.0
I am not ready to give up. Does not sound like Hardware issue.
Can anyome share their current set-up and drivers for a Saitek/Logitech Flight Yoke system and if any special procedures or Config files were needed or deleted.

Much Appreciated.
Kevin

bullfox

Post by bullfox »

I have what I think is the same Saitek yoke running in Win 10 on a top end AMD system running P3D6.18. I am also using the USB hub on the yoke, but for other devices. The yoke is plugged directly into a USD port on the computer.

In addition to the yoke, I have two throttle quadrants, a trim wheel, TPM module, and rudder pedals. All Saitek. I don't remember precisely how old my setup is but it goes back to FSX days. The yoke is getting worn. I have taken it apart several time to adjust and lube, but it other wise works as it should as does everything else. Not sure which version of USB, but probably the latest. Also, I have not loaded any new input device drivers since before P3D5, which I sill have.

I would recommend not having your control stick plugged in at the same time as the yoke. The simplest thing that might help is to try plugging the yoke directly into some of the other USB ports. Although my system is stable now, I have occasionally in the past had to change around USB ports to get things working properly. If you have any other flight simulator you might try one of those and see what happens. The only other thing I can think of that I would do if I had this problem crop up is try assigning any of the other axis to the yoke aileron or elevator axis. If you can't get anything else to move, I would say its a pretty strong case that you need a new yoke.
 Ryzen 7 5800X3D liquid cooled, over clocked on auto to 4.5 ghz, XFX 6900XT Black, 2 tb M2 drive, 32 gb ddr4 ram, Asus Hero Crosshair VIII mother board running P3D6.19 in Win 10
KEMIC

Post by KEMIC »

Thanks For the feedback. I have tried direct connection into a computer USB 2.0 port with the same results. My Thustmaster Hostra is never plugged in when using the Saitek yoke. It would be helpful to know what drivers are loaded on your Saitek devices. I am also using Windows 11 Pro 23H2 as listed in my signature. I am very much leaning to a Win 11 update as a potential problem as no other update other then mandated Driver updates for other devices was done on the PC prior to the Yoke Axis's going dead.

If you ever discover what Driver's you are using, please post as any little bit helps.

Regards
Kevin

KEMIC

Post by KEMIC »

One last question before I throw out this yoke . When installing the yoke from scratch, I am using Setup.exe in Flight_Yoke_System_x64_8_0_213_0 but Device Manager continuously shows Driver as 2017.04.12 8.0.116.0. Is this correct. The file folder for Flight_Yoke_System_x64_8_0_213_0 is in a Logitech folder on my F: drive where P3d is installed should it be placed elsewhere?
Kevin

bullfox

Post by bullfox »

I had FSX for years on different computers. After not doing flight simming for several years I built a new computer and installed P3D5. At that point I may have used an old Saitek installation cd, I frankly don't remember. My recollection is that basically I just pugged everything in and the system worked. Then I built my current system in 2022 and my recollection is that I had some problems getting everything to work and had to move things around on the USB ports to resolve the issues. So I am just using the drivers that come with Win 10 and P3D.

I had a new Microsoft Surface laptop running Win 11. I had a bitlocker crash, and had to take it to a local computer guy to get it unlocked. It runs now in Win 10. That's part of the reason I have no plans to go to win 11, and why I have stayed away from MSFS. Wish I could help you more. I still think you should try different USB ports for your yoke. Try using a different USB port than you use for the Thustmaster. If that doesn't work try using the same port. We're really just shooting in the dark here.
 Ryzen 7 5800X3D liquid cooled, over clocked on auto to 4.5 ghz, XFX 6900XT Black, 2 tb M2 drive, 32 gb ddr4 ram, Asus Hero Crosshair VIII mother board running P3D6.19 in Win 10
KEMIC

Post by KEMIC »

Quick update. I gave up and bought a new Yoke system and problem solved. I took apart old one and checked the pots for both x and Y axis and they checked out fine electronics looked ok. Still not sure what blowed up on the old yoke. As an aside, not sure what changes they've made to physical hardware over the years but I tried using the original throttle qadant with the new yoke and controls were glitchy in USB Game controller calibration and could not assign Rx. Ry, or Z controls. The new quadrant solved that problem and all is well.

Safe Flying Everyone.
Kevin