Simconnect API and CIGI Issue on zoom with FOV

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the additional features present in the Prepar3D Professional Plus client application.
shashanksnayak

Simconnect API and CIGI Issue on zoom with FOV

Post by shashanksnayak »

Hey,
I am using Prepar3D v5.2 pro plus in IG mode. The CIGI version we use is v3.3.
I have assigned AutoStartMode =2 in CigiConfig.xml. So that, prepar3d on startup is started as IG.
We have developed a c# application that works as CIGI host. For Implementing Zoom, we are using a SimConnect API SetMainCameraFOV(hfov,vfov).
The issue is with SetMainCameraFOV API. When I start prepar3d first and then CIGI host application. The SetMainCameraFOV API doesn't work. It works only when I stop IG and start IG manually from prepar3d's menu bar. This behaviour is not observed when CIGI host sends doest not send entity control packets.

We need suggestions for a better simconnect API for zoom. Or an API to start/stop IG
Clifton Crane
Lockheed Martin

Re: Simconnect API and CIGI Issue on zoom with FOV

Post by Clifton Crane »

Hi shashanksnayak,

Unfortunately, I do not see a way to Start/Stop the CIGI Host/IG via SimConnect or PDK.

The IG view control packets require an associated entity control packet, which explains why you see different behavior when not sending them.

Are you running the SimConnect application on the IG? The IG would expect to receive FOV values from the View Control packets.

You could try using the PDK ICameraSystemV520 interface to adjust the camera in the OnFrame callback. I believe third party plugins receive OnFrame callbacks after our CIGI service, which should allow you to override the CIGI FOV.

You can also disable view control packets in the CigiConfig:

Code: Select all

EnableViewControl=0
There is also an ObserverMode setting that should allow the camera to free look:

Code: Select all

ObserverMode=1
However, I'm not sure if these settings are available in v5.2.

Regards,
Clifton
Clifton Crane
Prepar3D® Software Engineer Sr.