undefined roads

For all topics that don't fit into another category. Note that we cannot promise that any of these posts will be responded to by our development team.
KEMIC

undefined roads

Post by KEMIC »

I have been experiencing undefined roads for a while now. Just loaded BlackMarble Base v1.7.1 - PREPAR3D v5,Vector v1.7.1 - PREPAR3D v5,Traffic Pack v1.7.1 - PREPAR3D v5 and it only made it worse. Night lights are nice , but all roads day or night, are grey or brown with no realistic definition no matter where I fly. I have always run ORBX and deactivated all Vector check boxes. CDSEXX is logged as Primary insertion point and shows up in Scenery Library at the top. I have Refreshed NG settings, Flushed DirectX Cashe and rebuilt index with no change.Any ideas or things I could try would be much appreciated.
Kevin

P3Dv6.1.8.31568 PRO,Windows 11 Pro V 23H2, i7-9700K CPU @4.70GHz,RAM 32.0 GB,NVIDIA GeForce GTX 2080Ti 11GB V536.67,Saitek ProFlight Yoke System,Rudder pedals,Throttle Quandrant,Multi Panel,2 Radio Panels, Switch Panel,2Flight Ins Panel
KEMIC

Re: undefined roads

Post by KEMIC »

In case someone else has this problem. Short answer, is get rid of all Orbx products. I had tried a number of set-ups and was unable to correct the issue. I tried installing Black Marble, base vector, bridges and traffic, which provided great bridges but no changes to the roads. After contacting BM support we worked together for over 2 weeks trying settings, them reviewing my Scenery and Terrain Cgf files and even uninstalling and reinstalling P3DV5, Orbx and BMM several times in specific order and them even providing corrected Scenery and Terrain files. They even went as far as walking me through disabling Microsoft Defender Real-Time protection, which was not a simple task in Windows 11. We tried every iteration imaginable, but nothing worked for me until I uninstalled all Orbx products. Just so you know, not once did BLACK MARBLE blame Orbx or P3D for any of the issues. They continued to look for solutions and were super responsive. The only thing i miss in the HONOLULU cityscape in Orbx as it was great. I did not notice a big difference in trees, buildings or airports in stock P3dV5 Vs Orbx add-ons.
I know many of you use BM, but I wanted to personally commend and recommend Black Marble to anyone looking for defined Roads,Bridges and Night Flying. The service was outstanding..

I will now start looking for photo-real terrain to replace the cityscape. If anyone reading this has recommendations for the Hawaiian Islands please respond or PM me.
Kevin

P3Dv6.1.8.31568 PRO,Windows 11 Pro V 23H2, i7-9700K CPU @4.70GHz,RAM 32.0 GB,NVIDIA GeForce GTX 2080Ti 11GB V536.67,Saitek ProFlight Yoke System,Rudder pedals,Throttle Quandrant,Multi Panel,2 Radio Panels, Switch Panel,2Flight Ins Panel
Sky_King

Post by Sky_King »

I use https://flight-sim-jewels.com/hawaii-photoreal/. Excellent add-on and base product is freeware. I also use BM and am happy with it.
Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5; Win11 Pro; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k..
KEMIC

Post by KEMIC »

Excellent. Thnx
Kevin

KEMIC

Post by KEMIC »

Can anyone point me to a step by step tutorial for loading new scenery into P3Dv5.3
I have downloaded the FSJ Hawaii pack and followed their basic instructions or running .Exe and loading Scenery files visa Add Area button in sim.
everything appears to load correctly without errors, but actual scenery in flight is horrible.

Any help would be appreciated.
Kevin

Sabre57

Post by Sabre57 »

KEMIC wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 7:27 pm In case someone else has this problem. Short answer, is get rid of all Orbx products. I had tried a number of set-ups and was unable to correct the issue. I tried installing Black Marble, base vector, bridges and traffic, which provided great bridges but no changes to the roads. After contacting BM support we worked together for over 2 weeks trying settings, them reviewing my Scenery and Terrain Cgf files and even uninstalling and reinstalling P3DV5, Orbx and BMM several times in specific order and them even providing corrected Scenery and Terrain files. They even went as far as walking me through disabling Microsoft Defender Real-Time protection, which was not a simple task in Windows 11. We tried every iteration imaginable, but nothing worked for me until I uninstalled all Orbx products. Just so you know, not once did BLACK MARBLE blame Orbx or P3D for any of the issues. They continued to look for solutions and were super responsive. The only thing i miss in the HONOLULU cityscape in Orbx as it was great. I did not notice a big difference in trees, buildings or airports in stock P3dV5 Vs Orbx add-ons.
I know many of you use BM, but I wanted to personally commend and recommend Black Marble to anyone looking for defined Roads,Bridges and Night Flying. The service was outstanding..

I will now start looking for photo-real terrain to replace the cityscape. If anyone reading this has recommendations for the Hawaiian Islands please respond or PM me.
Kemic,
Glad you were able to figure it out. I've been on the fence about BM, mostly because I've never been able to find good before and after screen shots during the day. Would it be possible for you to post a good example? I'm especially interested in how highway interchanges are improved. If you get any additional information on the conflict between BM and Orbx, that would be very helpful as well.

Thanks!
I9-9900
32GB RAM
RTX 3090 FTW
Assorted SSDs and HDDs
3x55" TVs
Alpha/Bravo Honeycombs
SPAD.Next, ASV6
KEMIC

Post by KEMIC »

This is the daytime scene of Honolulu with BM base,Vector,Bridges and Traffic and no add-ons

This is daytime of same area with Bm and Orbx installed.

Honolulu with ORBX cityscape, trees and building
A little tough to see but roard were always ill defined , filled with green grass ect..

I should state that I have tried to add FSJ's Hawaii photo real pack to replace the Orbx Honolulu cityscape I uninstalled and I'm running into similar problems. I will not blame Orbx at this point.

Scenery file with Orbx
Scenery file with FSJ

with all FSJ add ons turned off you get the first picture
Kevin

Sabre57

Post by Sabre57 »

Thank you.
I9-9900
32GB RAM
RTX 3090 FTW
Assorted SSDs and HDDs
3x55" TVs
Alpha/Bravo Honeycombs
SPAD.Next, ASV6