P3Dv5.3 & ActiveSky: Horizon always visible

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
disco79stu

P3Dv5.3 & ActiveSky: Horizon always visible

Post by disco79stu »

When EA is turned off, I get a strange effect with the visibility (v5.3 HF1 Upadte1).

If I set the upper visibility in Active Sky to anything else than 200, it will always show the horizon line, no matter how low the visibility is.
Is this a bug (haze effect broken) or did something else went wrong? Anyone else seeing this?

Left: AS max visibility set to 199 / Right: AS max visibility set to 200

downscc

Re: P3Dv5.3 & ActiveSky: Horizon always visible

Post by downscc »

The ASP3D visibility options for maximum upper visibility clearly identify that there is a significant difference between the default 199 and 200, where the 200 setting clears all but a single visibility layer for improved performance. I am very satisfied with the setting at 199.

One has to assume you uninstalled the client and scenery as a minimum and deleted the shaders folder before you installed the hot fix update. My view of the horizon is much more realistic than the example you posted for the 199 setting.
Dan Downs
KCRP
disco79stu

Post by disco79stu »

downscc wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 5:10 pm One has to assume you uninstalled the client and scenery as a minimum and deleted the shaders folder before you installed the hot fix update.
I did exactly that. So I'm not sure what went wrong. Will try a complete repair and - if no improvement occurs - do a full wipe.
Thanks for confirming that it should not look this way.

BR
Stu
disco79stu

Post by disco79stu »

Seems to be an Envshade issue after all.
I re-installed P3D, the issue was gone.
After I applied Envshade, it was back.

Will head over to their forum.
Thanks