DCOC Version 2! Oculus Rift DK2 Support with lots of extra features!

Forum for Prepar3D Developers to show off their work or post about their add-ons or content created for Prepar3D
FlyIce

Post by FlyIce »

Quote:
Quote from ausfester on September 22, 2014, 00:10

Thanks mate, great effort. I hope those boys at Prepar3d are paying you :P

Yes they should... We're still waiting for LM's official plug-in. It'll be interesting to see whether LM can beat Norman.
CrazyNorman

Post by CrazyNorman »

Hey guys! Download v2.03 from http://www.dcoc-vr.com/

It adds two very useful things.

First off, direct mode support! It incurs a bit of a performance hit, but it gives you easy mirroring functionality so other people can see how you are flying. Extended mode is of course still supported.

In-game world-scaling. Not all virtual cockpits are scaled properly, so you can adjust a scaling factor in the "Add-on" menu to make the airplane feel the right size to you.

Enjoy!
tsaG

Post by tsaG »

Thanks! The direct mode is awesome, but I think the Timewarp function is not working anymore (at least on my PC), although it is turned on in the settings.

CrazyNorman

Post by CrazyNorman »

Quote:
Quote from tsaG on September 29, 2014, 20:25

Thanks! The direct mode is awesome, but I think the Timewarp function is not working anymore (at least on my PC), although it is turned on in the settings.

Hmm that shouldn't've changed. Does timewarp still work for you if you run in extended mode?
Zach Heylmun

Post by Zach Heylmun »

Hey Guys,

There is a new Oculus integration included as source with 2.4, but we're not even going to try to beat Norman :)

We just updated the rendering to use the SDK rendering as a sample for our intrepid devs like CrazyNorman, but it sounds like he's already done it. It includes minimal functionality, but it shows how to use the P3D plug-ins. The one feature folks might be interested in is the addition of the mono rendering mode, which allows much higher settings while still hitting 75 fps. You lose a little bit of the stereo effect in the cockpit, but it otherwise looks great.
Tonyd1987

Post by Tonyd1987 »

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know how the performance compares? FPS using the barebones LM SDK sample (in Stereo mode) vs CrazyNormans? Curious if LM did anything that might result in an FPS improvement.

I tried compiling, but I only have VS2013, and it barks at me about an _MSC_VER mismatch. Haven't had any time to look further.
tsaG

Post by tsaG »

Quote:
Quote from Zach Heylmun on September 30, 2014, 09:13

Hey Guys,

There is a new Oculus integration included as source with 2.4, but we're not even going to try to beat Norman :)

We just updated the rendering to use the SDK rendering as a sample for our intrepid devs like CrazyNorman, but it sounds like he's already done it. It includes minimal functionality, but it shows how to use the P3D plug-ins. The one feature folks might be interested in is the addition of the mono rendering mode, which allows much higher settings while still hitting 75 fps. You lose a little bit of the stereo effect in the cockpit, but it otherwise looks great.

Oh my gawd, this mono Rendering Mode Sounds awesome! Exactly what we need! =) I maxed out everything but have to struggle with 35fps, 75 would be a dream!
FlyIce

Post by FlyIce »

Quote:
Quote from tsaG on September 30, 2014, 14:07

Oh my gawd, this mono Rendering Mode Sounds awesome! Exactly what we need! =) I maxed out everything but have to struggle with 35fps, 75 would be a dream!

Agree. Really hope to see this mono mode in DCOC v2.04! Please, mighty Norman!

Nitsuj

Post by Nitsuj »

I had some issues with some addons. I thought the black screen issues I was having was due to my video card (Old 570) however when I installed a new GTX 970 today I has similar issues. In short the cockpit was black except for the cursor and label popups. The menus seemed to work fine. What it ended up being was the particular plane I had selected (A2A 172). I tried several other planes and everything worked as intended.
Nitsuj

Post by Nitsuj »

After tweaking my settings I spent a few hours flying different planes. What a difference this new video card makes on the experience. Makes me want to get another 970 and SLI them.
Tonyd1987

Post by Tonyd1987 »

Need to wait until NVidia releases their VR-SLI support, which will hopefully be a driver/hardware level implementation and not require any specific code to be written, otherwise you will get latency.

I recently upgraded my PC, i7 5930k OCd to 4.3GHz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, and a GTX 980. I can run DCOC on full high settings with Async Timewarp and it is completely smooth. Great experience.
Gent

Post by Gent »

I also got a black screen with the A2A 172 but it worked on the A2A Pipef 180??
ausfester

Post by ausfester »

I get black screens with some planes, not all, always third party ones.

Geeze i had a wicked night lastnight with this, very very cool when you get lost in vr world.

One of my mates came over and didnt leave the same guy

Tonyd1987

Post by Tonyd1987 »

I have used the A2A Cessna 172 and Piper Cherokee 180 both successfully. Might be a settings issue somewhere...
Gent

Post by Gent »

Quote:
Quote from Tonyd1987 on October 6, 2014, 10:40

I have used the A2A Cessna 172 and Piper Cherokee 180 both successfully. Might be a settings issue somewhere...

We're you using direct mode?