Autogen loading: still no solution??

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
jgoggi

Autogen loading: still no solution??

Post by jgoggi »

Hi, the autogen loading is still maybe the biggest issue in P3D (4.4) and the latest reply from the developers dates back to last July... This is not acceptable and we need now a clear explanation on why this two issues happen and what (if anything) is being done:
1) If autogen distance is higher than MEDIUM, the autogen does not load when descending after some time spent in cruise, and you see a horrible flat world...
2) If autogen distance is higher than MEDIUM, when the autogen loads, it pops up in blocks.

Keeping autogen to MEDIUM provides a very UGLY effect above all at dusk, when the autogen objects are very bright, the ground is darker and the line where the autogen ends is clearly visible and horrible...
Further, if an addon scenery, say a city, has custom buildings, they already load up when you are still distant, while the autogen does not, so at dusk, in the distance, you will see a group of white buildings surrounded by the desert, until they merge with the autogen when you get closer...
I really hope that LM is seriously committing in improving this issue.
Thank you.
James
Martyson

Re: Autogen loading: still no solution??

Post by Martyson »

jgoggi wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:38 am Hi, the autogen loading is still maybe the biggest issue in P3D (4.4) and the latest reply from the developers dates back to last July... This is not acceptable and we need now a clear explanation on why this two issues happen and what (if anything) is being done:
1) If autogen distance is higher than MEDIUM, the autogen does not load when descending after some time spent in cruise, and you see a horrible flat world...
2) If autogen distance is higher than MEDIUM, when the autogen loads, it pops up in blocks.

Keeping autogen to MEDIUM provides a very UGLY effect above all at dusk, when the autogen objects are very bright, the ground is darker and the line where the autogen ends is clearly visible and horrible...
Further, if an addon scenery, say a city, has custom buildings, they already load up when you are still distant, while the autogen does not, so at dusk, in the distance, you will see a group of white buildings surrounded by the desert, until they merge with the autogen when you get closer...
I really hope that LM is seriously committing in improving this issue.
Thank you.
James
Do you have a video of the problem on your setup?

Maybe other pilots could test the same P3D v4.4 default airport(s) / default scenery / season / date / time.
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
jgoggi

Post by jgoggi »

Martyson wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:57 am Do you have a video of the problem on your setup?
At the moment I don't have access to my computer, anyway it's a well known issue, I think there is not much need for further videos...
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

jgoggi wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:56 am
Martyson wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:57 am Do you have a video of the problem on your setup?
At the moment I don't have access to my computer, anyway it's a well known issue, I think there is not much need for further videos...
With a video as a reference other other pilots could test the same P3D v4.4 default airport(s) / default scenery / season / date / time.
Best Regards,
AnkH

Post by AnkH »

This is a never ending story and all the same questions are asked over and over again (as you can see by the post of Martyson). NO, there is NO need for another video, there are the vids of Rob Ainscough for example clearly proofing that there IS an issue.

Anyway, in my case, limiting the FPS internally to 30 and a slightly reduced visibility range via Active Sky limits the effect in most cases to a barely recognizable level. Of course the bug is still there, but less prominent.

But I already now where this thread is going to end: in a message from the devs that they are working on it...
------------------
Chris

Hardware: i7 8700K@5.0GHz, 2x16GB DDR4 3200MHz CL14 RAM, Gigabyte Aorus GTX-1080Ti OC, Samsung SSDs (250GB for OS, 2TB for P3D), Windows 10 Home
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

AnkH wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:05 am This is a never ending story and all the same questions are asked over and over again (as you can see by the post of Martyson). NO, there is NO need for another video, there are the vids of Rob Ainscough for example clearly proofing that there IS an issue.

Anyway, in my case, limiting the FPS internally to 30 and a slightly reduced visibility range via Active Sky limits the effect in most cases to a barely recognizable level. Of course the bug is still there, but less prominent.

But I already now where this thread is going to end: in a message from the devs that they are working on it...
"Anyway, in my case, limiting the FPS internally to 30 and a slightly reduced visibility range via Active Sky limits the effect in most cases to a barely recognizable level. Of course the bug is still there, but less prominent."

Would the problem be so small that your might miss it in the normal VC view .. like during an approach to an airport?
Best Regards,
AnkH

Post by AnkH »

Martyson wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:25 am Would the problem be so small that your might miss it in the normal VC view .. like during an approach to an airport?
I can still see the autogen loading in patches at the very end of my autogen drawing distance (set to "high" currently), but at least close to my plane, autogen is always loaded in time. If I set the FPS slider on "unlimited" and VSYNC off, I do not have any autogen anymore while approaching my destination already after a short 1h flight and then the loading in patches is extremly prominent (of course...).

Means: combination of fixed FPS and reduced visibility makes it almost undetectable (but it is still there...).
------------------
Chris

Hardware: i7 8700K@5.0GHz, 2x16GB DDR4 3200MHz CL14 RAM, Gigabyte Aorus GTX-1080Ti OC, Samsung SSDs (250GB for OS, 2TB for P3D), Windows 10 Home
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

AnkH wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:15 pm
Martyson wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:25 am Would the problem be so small that your might miss it in the normal VC view .. like during an approach to an airport?
I can still see the autogen loading in patches at the very end of my autogen drawing distance (set to "high" currently), but at least close to my plane, autogen is always loaded in time. If I set the FPS slider on "unlimited" and VSYNC off, I do not have any autogen anymore while approaching my destination already after a short 1h flight and then the loading in patches is extremly prominent (of course...).

Means: combination of fixed FPS and reduced visibility makes it almost undetectable (but it is still there...).
I do not use Unlimited FPS and I do not use Vsync.

I fly from the VC cockpit and do normal panel and traffic scans / towers / large buildings / landmarks during takeoff/approach/landing. I seldom have a need to go to an external view during my flights.

Do you see this problem at the same location during each season (winter, spring, summer, fall), all times of the day (morning, daytime, nighttime) using default P3D scenery?
Best Regards,
zap737

Post by zap737 »

Martyson, this problem has been well documented since 4.2. It exists in the default installation of P3D v4.4 as well. I have posted numerous times on this issue as have many, many others.
No further proof is needed.
So, with due respect, will you just leave it to the devs to respond.
I predict the devs will say, as they have in the past..."Thankyou for your information and we will look into it"
But of course, no solution will be forthcoming, as they have been saying since v4.2
Asus Z370-A | 8700K @ 5.0 Ghz | 32GB DDR 4 | GTX 1080TI | 4K Monitor @ 30Hz | Samsung 970 EVO | Track IR 5 | Windows 10 Pro x64 | Virpil Mongoose Stick | TM Warthog Throttle | MFG X-Wind Rudder Pedals | Orbx Global | Orbx Vector | Orbx OpenLC NA, EU
Saldo

Post by Saldo »

Why would Anyone run Unlimited with No Vsync On or any extrrnal FPS Limiter ?

Limit your FPS and/or settings to where your pc can catch up with AG loading ...
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

zap737 wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:28 am Martyson, this problem has been well documented since 4.2. It exists in the default installation of P3D v4.4 as well. I have posted numerous times on this issue as have many, many others.
No further proof is needed.
So, with due respect, will you just leave it to the devs to respond.
I predict the devs will say, as they have in the past..."Thankyou for your information and we will look into it"
But of course, no solution will be forthcoming, as they have been saying since v4.2
Would you say that an autogen issue exists / has existed in FSX / FSX SP2 / FSX Acceleration and FSX Steam?

As far as any users responding to forum topics / posts:
Sometimes further testing and new information (examples, screenshots, videos etc.) from all interested users could lead to improvements in the product.
Best Regards,
zap737

Post by zap737 »

Martyson wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:13 am Would you say that an autogen issue exists / has existed in FSX / FSX SP2 / FSX Acceleration and FSX Steam?

Sometimes further testing and new information (examples, screenshots, videos etc.) from all interested users could lead to improvements in the product.
FSX / FSX SP2 / FSX Acceleration and FSX Steam are irrelevant to this discussion as LM have significantly changed the client over the years. In my experience, this issue started with v4.2.

There is no need for further videos/screenshots etc. This topic has been well and truly documented throughout these forums with many pages of discussion and examples and videos. The devs would be aware of this.

Each time this issue has been raised, you ask the same questions and the answers are always the same. It’s almost as if, despite the overwhelming evidence, you don’t want to accept there is an issue.

It is best to hear from the devs and their response to this already well known and extremely well documented issue.
Asus Z370-A | 8700K @ 5.0 Ghz | 32GB DDR 4 | GTX 1080TI | 4K Monitor @ 30Hz | Samsung 970 EVO | Track IR 5 | Windows 10 Pro x64 | Virpil Mongoose Stick | TM Warthog Throttle | MFG X-Wind Rudder Pedals | Orbx Global | Orbx Vector | Orbx OpenLC NA, EU
Bernie

Post by Bernie »

Hi,

Perhaps this issue is a trade off to accomplish other requests that have been made or something that LM have introduced. I am of the belief, as annoying as I find it, perhaps this will never change. LM are not in the position to want to annoy people to the point that their software won't sell so logic says, to me anyway, if they could fix it they would have already done so. If as posters here have said, it did not used to be this way, then the fix would be obvious to who ever changed it. These are my thoughts and I respect the opinions of others here.

Kind Regards

Bernie.
KInd Regards

Bernie.
pmb

Post by pmb »

Martyson wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:13 am Would you say that an autogen issue exists / has existed in FSX / FSX SP2 / FSX Acceleration and FSX Steam?

I made a video clip back in July 2017

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic ... 8&start=30

where you can clearly see the issue (around 00:50 min). The picture is still exactly the same, as I check with every point release.

I don't insist in this occurring for everyone, but it does for me and for a number of more users, as the thread shows. It's not my machine, the machine before had the same issue. It's certainly neither an issue 10 km above ground nor within thick fog. But it is flying VFR or during landing IFR. And it is annoying.

I would be very pleased, if someone knowledgeable could indicate when this will be solved, and if not, why. I use a couple of other simulators which don't sport this feature. I don't find it helpful either to question this issue as such every time it comes up again.

Thank you and kind regards, Michael
Prepar3d4+5 Pro // Intel i7-6700K 4.0 GHz / Asus MAXIMUS VIII RANGER / Kingston 32 GB DDR4 / Samsung2 SSD 500 GB + SSD 1 TB + WD HD 6 TB / EVGA GTX 1080 Ti 11 GB / LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440 / HP Reverb / Win 10/64
sunjunkiesi

Post by sunjunkiesi »

I love how these threads develop, this has been a real popcorn thread. The problem exists, it is well documented, and enough people are shouting about it to make it an inescapable fact. And yet people insist on arguing whether it exists at all because it doesn't happen to them. Human nature I guess...