camera adjustments needed

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
DanSaxton

camera adjustments needed

Post by DanSaxton »

Hi everyone,

in the image below you'll see our Grob Tutor flight sim using P3D V4.

we've moved the in-game camera to try and capture the cockpit in the centre, but there's a couple of adjustments we could do with that i'm hoping someone can help with please.

we would like to:

1. keep the wings at the height shown in the image (but perhaps bring them forward a little)
  2. bring the nose up (and narrow it slightly)
  3. remove the sim canopy reflection from each side (you can only just make this out on the image - the diagonal lines in red)
many thanks in advance,

Dan

Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Re: camera adjustments needed

Post by Rob McCarthy »

Hi Dan,

There is a detailed Learning Center article covering camera configuration here: https://prepar3d.com/SDKv4/sdk/cameras/ ... ation.html

Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead
DanSaxton

Post by DanSaxton »

Rob McCarthy wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:06 pm There is a detailed Learning Center article covering camera configuration here: https://prepar3d.com/SDKv4/sdk/cameras/ ... ation.html

Let me know if you have any additional questions.
Hi Rob,

thanks for the link, but i don't really understand the majority of that table.

I've already changed the "XYZ" values in the configuration file to place the camera in the position you see in my image above, but i want to move specific elements - the nose up, but leave the wings where they are - i probably missed something in the table, but i'm not sure what i want to do is possible??
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Post by Rob McCarthy »

Adjusting specific pieces of the aircraft would require changes to the aircraft model. You could try adjusting the field of view to alter what is shown on the screen but this may introduce distortion.

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead
Brady Butler
Lockheed Martin

Post by Brady Butler »

Hello Dan,

I'm not sure if this may help you with what you're looking for, but you can adjust where the camera(Eyepoint) is at with the "Move Eyepoint Down", "Move Eyepoint Up", etc keyboard shortcuts listed here:
https://www.prepar3d.com/SDKv4/prepar3d ... rview.html

Let us know if this helps, adjusting the eyepoint backwards and down may get you what you're looking for. You may be able to see how you want the eyepoint lined up with these keyboard shortcuts and then try to replicate that same camera view location through the camera config's CenterOffsetXyz values.

Regards,
Brady
Brady Butler
Prepar3D® Software Engineer