Autogen delayed loading v4

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
zap737

Re: Autogen delayed loading v4

Post by zap737 »

ctroncy wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:47 am
As I said, I have been simming for many years and have learned that it is best to wait for quite some time until issues surface and have been resolved before diving in.
Bonjour zap737

Your way of thinking is wise but I wonder what would happen if everyone followed your advice.
Cheers
Claude

Bonjour Claude. Comment allez vouz?

First, I do not proffer advice. Just my own opinion, which you are of course free to discard if you so wish.

Second, my position is borne of significant experience, both in simulation and in the real world, so I will leave it at that.

Je vous souhaite un vol en toute sécurité
Asus Z370-A | 8700K @ 5.0 Ghz | 32GB DDR 4 | GTX 1080TI | 4K Monitor @ 30Hz | Samsung 970 EVO | Track IR 5 | Windows 10 Pro x64 | Virpil Mongoose Stick | TM Warthog Throttle | MFG X-Wind Rudder Pedals | Orbx Global | Orbx Vector | Orbx OpenLC NA, EU
ctroncy

Post by ctroncy »

Je vous souhaite un vol en toute sécurité
Merci beaucoup Zap737.
I started flightsim with sublogic in 1980, I was 37 .... So unfortunately a lot of experience too.
Cheers
Claude
pmb

Post by pmb »

windowseat73 wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:35 pm I'm sorry everyone but I'm done. Returning v4 now and will get it once these and other bugs are worked out.
As far as I recall, any version of Prepar3d, beginning at versions 1, had issues. Most of them were ironed out, but others remained and new ones surfaced. Actually I can hardly name any software which doesn't have issues, including Windows, any flavor. Plus FSX:SE, being the latest error-proofed incarnation of more than ten years old FSX. This way I should stop using computers immediately.

Nonethless, I feel Prepar3d has undergone a very successful development with version 4 being a huge step into the future. But this is just my POV and yours may well vary, of course.

Kind regards, Michael
Prepar3d4+5 Pro // Intel i7-6700K 4.0 GHz / Asus MAXIMUS VIII RANGER / Kingston 32 GB DDR4 / Samsung2 SSD 500 GB + SSD 1 TB + WD HD 6 TB / EVGA GTX 1080 Ti 11 GB / LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440 / HP Reverb / Win 10/64
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Post by Rob McCarthy »

Thanks everyone for continuing to post details concerning autogen. As we mentioned previously autogen slider settings in v4 do not correlate to those in v3. Values over medium were not possible in v3 and will draw many factors more of autogen. You will need to tune this setting based on the performance capabilities of your hardware. With this being said we will continue improving performance, including autogen, in future updates. We introduced many new features and improvements in v4 and will continue to iterate on all aspects of the system going forward. I left the topic open to get more use cases and feedback to the team concerning this specific issue. Since the conversation is getting sidetracked I'm now locking this thread.

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead