gtx 1080 multimonitor simultaneous multiprojection

Post your feature requests here. Note that we cannot promise that any of these posts will be commented on or that requested features will be implemented.
pipeorgan

gtx 1080 multimonitor simultaneous multiprojection

Post by pipeorgan »

I am interested in upgrading my GTX 780Ti to the GTX 1080 For VR and multimonitor use. Does multimonitor simultaneous multiprojection in P3D require LM support and if so will it be implemented for Academic users?

John
Beau Hollis
Lockheed Martin

Re: gtx 1080 multimonitor simultaneous multiprojection

Post by Beau Hollis »

I believe these features would require a good deal of custom engine integration work to support. If we do support this in the future, it would likely be as part of core engine optimizations that benefits all users.
Beau Hollis
Prepar3D Software Architect
pipeorgan

Post by pipeorgan »

Thank you for the clarification, I do hope that this functionality will be incorporated as I feel sure that many Academic users will now be moving to multimonitor setups. It would be good if it was part of the core optimisation and benefit all users. I did specifically mention Academic users as they have been excluded from your recent new multichannel feature which is only offered to Professional+ users.

John
Beau Hollis
Lockheed Martin

Post by Beau Hollis »

While multichannel is pro-plus only, the ViewGroups and Displays configurations we added to support multichannel can be used in all versions. I would suggest skimming through the new documentation as these features could be very helpful for multi-monitor users. These settings provide two useful new capabilities:
1) Grouping views across displays so that your multi-monitor setup acts similar to one large monitor
2) Adding post process effects globally by display. This will make monitor specific color or distortion correction plugins easier to apply because it removes the need to using custom cameras or modifying camera definitions.
http://www.prepar3d.com/SDKv3/LearningC ... ation.html
Beau Hollis
pipeorgan

Post by pipeorgan »

View Groups displays configurations..........Thank you I had'nt realised that. I will have a look at it as you suggest.

John
NAX

Post by NAX »

I have tried a few setups, and the function is SUPER. It will take some time before I'm 100% familiar with all functionality that is provided here, but initial testing show that this is of great benefit for setting up views over many monitors/projectors.
I could not get the EdgeOverlap to work properly. I tried many different settings raging from -5 to -0,0100, but did not notice any change in the overlap on my monitors.
Testing will continue
-------------------------------------
Best regards

NAX
Cockpitbuilder
pipeorgan

Post by pipeorgan »

Very interesting information, I hope that you keep us posted with your experiences.

John
Beau Hollis
Lockheed Martin

Post by Beau Hollis »

Are you using edge overlap via GridSetup or setting it per View? If the default auto-detect works, you should be able to activate it and then open the UI, modify the EdgeOverlap in the GridSetup and click preview to see the change. Note that it applies to each edge so you would need to set all 4 values to do bezel correction on all sides.
Beau Hollis