[RESOLVED] [V3.2] Vehicle -> Select button intermittently greyed out in multiplayer

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application's multiplayer mode
Pricetx

[RESOLVED] [V3.2] Vehicle -> Select button intermittently greyed out in multiplayer

Post by Pricetx »

Prepar3D version: 3.2.3.16769

I have noticed that most of the time I am unable to change aircraft when connected to a multiplayer session. The button to do so (Vehicle -> Select) is greyed out, as demonstrated below:

I have found this is re-creatable by loading the default scenario, and then connecting to a server (for testing purposes, I have been using 71.180.180.93).

I had a look at the list of options available when setting up a multiplayer server, and none of them appear to enable/disable the ability to change vehicle.

I am fairly certain that I have been able to change vehicle in the past whilst connected to a multiplayer session in Prepar3D v3, and it's certainly an option in FSX. It is not possible to change vehicle whilst hosting a session either, but I believe this is by design.

Could somebody please confirm whether or not it is meant to be possible to change vehicle from within a multiplayer session? If it is, I will happily conduct any testing suggestions provided.
Mike LM

Re: [V3.2] Vehicle -> Select button intermittently greyed out in multiplayer

Post by Mike LM »

That's working as intended. You can change your aircraft before the session has begun, and there is a pre-flight option to change your location after you've started. If you'd like this to be reinstated as a feature in Prepar3D, please make a post in the feature requests forum so that we can catalog it correctly.

- Mike