[RESOLVED] Scenery disappearing under certain angles P3Dv3.2

Discussion related to terrain/scenery design.
Dimus

[RESOLVED] Scenery disappearing under certain angles P3Dv3.2

Post by Dimus »

This issue concerns a custom scenery of my home airport LGTT, Tatoi AB, that I made back in 2010. I recently updated it mainly for P3D but also to make it fit better with ORBX Global + Vector + OpenLC EU, which is the best combination so far for my country. Everything works great in FSXA, FSXSE and P3D 2.5. and used to work in 3.1. However, in 3.2 I have the problem that is shown on the following video:

https://youtu.be/GIizdVTdKA0

As you can see all the airport disappears under certain angles, mainly low angle and when looking north. All is OK when looking south. The LC polygons I have defined remain visible. ORBX Global, Vector and OPENLC EU are active. The strange thing is this: I tried deactivating the ORBX libraries entry in the scenery library and the problem went away.

Again, the problem exists only in P3D 3.2, all other sims are fine.

Your good input and advice would be much appreciated.
Dimus

Re: Scenery disappearing under certain angles P3Dv3.2

Post by Dimus »

Any ideas?
hesynergy

Post by hesynergy »

I see this effect on the UtxCaribbean DLC...and I have seen it in my own scenery I developed almost ten years ago. I converted it to p3d textures with the free and wonderful ModelConverterX.

Hope this helps,

Chas
Dimus

Post by Dimus »

Hey Chas, what exactly do you mean by p3d textures? Is the dds format for object texture not the same in p3d and fsx?
Dimus

Post by Dimus »

After quite some time a solution was found by a good friend Loukas Kouros. If the scenery is lower than the ORBX libraries in priority in the scenery library the problem goes away. Can't say why but wished to share just in case it helps others. This happens only in P3D 3.x. In FSX, FSXSE and P3D 2.5, there is no such behavior.