[RESOLVED] Setup Failed - 0x80091007 hash value not correct

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to installing the Prepar3D client application or it's installer.
Windypeg

[RESOLVED] Setup Failed - 0x80091007 hash value not correct

Post by Windypeg »

Hi there

After double clicking on setup.exe it looked like it installed the Client.msi file but it failed at Content.msi with error 0x80091007 - The hash value is not correct. I have version 3.1 running on it's own hard drive (e:) and using a 4790k i7 and a GTX970 card. The anti-virus was turned off during installation. Any help to install the newest version would be much appreciated. Thanks
Mike LM

Re: Setup Failed - 0x80091007 hash value not correct

Post by Mike LM »

Windypeg wrote:After double clicking on setup.exe it looked like it installed the Client.msi file but it failed at Content.msi with error 0x80091007 - The hash value is not correct. I have version 3.1 running on it's own hard drive (e:) and using a 4790k i7 and a GTX970 card. The anti-virus was turned off during installation.
Compare the checksum of your file to that on our downloads page. Make sure they match. If they don't your file has gotten corrupted and you will need to re-download it.

- Mike
Windypeg

Re: Setup Failed - 0x80091007 hash value not correct

Post by Windypeg »

Thanks Mike! :)

Got myself a copy of Winmd5 from winmd5.com and downloaded one file a few times but finally got the hash values to match and 3.2 installed perfectly after that. I should have noticed that was the problem since you guys went to the trouble of putting your hash tag right beside the download file. D'OH! Thanks again.