Is P3D V3.0 still available

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to installing the Prepar3D client application or it's installer.
sharmes6

Is P3D V3.0 still available

Post by sharmes6 »

Hi,

I was just about to jump on the P3D V3 bandwagon, but after reading a few forum posts on a couple of sites today, everyone seems to be saying only P3D V3.1 is available now, and I will no longer be able to download P3D V3.0. Is this correct? Or am I misreading?

Cheers,

Scott
aeronauta

Re: Is P3D V3.0 still available

Post by aeronauta »

It is correct, V3.0 is no longer available , you will get now V3.1 for the same price...

Jorge
Jorge Roldan
OZx Developer (aero) - Hovercontrol Helicopter Certified Pilot - Spad.Next Beta Tester - VATPAC Pilot PR
System i9-9990 4.7Ghz 32GB W11 Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 8GB
sharmes6

Post by sharmes6 »

Thanks Jorge,

That is annoying. Apparently there are addons not working in V3.1 that were just upgraded for compatibility for 3.0.

CHeers,
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

sharmes6 wrote:Thanks Jorge,

That is annoying. Apparently there are addons not working in V3.1 that were just upgraded for compatibility for 3.0.

CHeers,
Which ones are not working .. that you want to use?
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
sharmes6

Post by sharmes6 »

ORBX object flow which controls their library objects and seasonal models.

They are recommending to stay with P3D V3.0 (which I don't have and apparently can't get), until they (hopefully) get it working.

Cheers,
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

True, with each P3D update we wait for Orbx to update ....

When you mention "until they (hopefully) get it working."

Do you fear Orbx will not be able to get it working with P3Dv3.1?
Best Regards,
sharmes6

Post by sharmes6 »

I'm sure they will, as it seems it is just the Objectflow module(s) not working, but they were saying "fingers crossed" when referring to getting it working for V3.1. I don't know why LM wouldn't just at least keep the base version of a sim up on the server, at least for a little while, to give people a chance. I know I'm not the only one who has recently been considering getting P3D V3.

I'm sure they could care less about my $200, but I think it's pretty poor customer service really, particularly when ORBX have just been slowly building up the V3 compatible list (while continuing with the V2 compatibility list), just to have an update show up that makes their products useless again.

Cheers,
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

How long have you known that LM was going from V3 to 3.1?

Did you also know that Orbx had to update its object flow after each P3D update?
Best Regards,
scubaboy

Post by scubaboy »

I'm right in the middle of a Windows 10 reinstall, and I didn't keep the 3.0 install file, thinking I could always download it!!!!

No Orbx objectflow, no 3.1 for me. back to 2.5 for now.
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

scubaboy wrote:I'm right in the middle of a Windows 10 reinstall, and I didn't keep the 3.0 install file, thinking I could always download it!!!!

No Orbx objectflow, no 3.1 for me. back to 2.5 for now.
Just wondering, is Win 10 approved for P3Dv2.5 ?
Best Regards,
scubaboy

Post by scubaboy »

No. But it does work.
sharmes6

Post by sharmes6 »

Martyson wrote:How long have you known that LM was going from V3 to 3.1?

Did you also know that Orbx had to update its object flow after each P3D update?
I've known now for around maybe 4 hours. I just read a post on the ORBX forum today, and it's the first I'd heard of it. I was also just reading the P3D forum last week. I guess I missed the news about the update.

Regarding Object flow, no I did not know that either.

These are the times we're living in, a couple of months and a program becomes obsolete. These companies (not just LM) are updating software faster than I can use it several times.

I have just recently started getting P3D V2.5 installed and worked out because I had hardly had a chance to use it. Some of us have to work. :)

Maybe I should just forget about version 3 and be the first in line for P3D V4; should only be a few months away.

Cheers,
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

"I have just recently started getting P3D V2.5 installed and worked out because I had hardly had a chance to use it. Some of us have to work. :)
Maybe I should just forget about version 3 and be the first in line for P3D V4; should only be a few months away."

I seen you are a long time P3D user .. from Jan 2014 when you mentioned:
"Thanks for the recent update LM. I am already really impressed with V2.0, so I'm sure all of the little (and big) fixes in V2.1 will make it an even greater sim."

So I assumed (after using ver 2.0, 2.1 and 2.5) you knew LM's policy on purchased version available to you for re-downloading and knew about LM going from 3 to 3.1 by the end of this month.

If you had, you could have purchased v3 a few days ago.

Looks like ver 4 is in the cards for you now tho.

Have a good day.
Best Regards,
sharmes6

Post by sharmes6 »

Martyson wrote:"I have just recently started getting P3D V2.5 installed and worked out because I had hardly had a chance to use it. Some of us have to work. :)
Maybe I should just forget about version 3 and be the first in line for P3D V4; should only be a few months away."

I seen you are a long time P3D user .. from Jan 2014 when you mentioned:
"Thanks for the recent update LM. I am already really impressed with V2.0, so I'm sure all of the little (and big) fixes in V2.1 will make it an even greater sim."

So I assumed (after using ver 2.0, 2.1 and 2.5) you knew LM's policy on purchased version available to you for re-downloading and knew about LM going from 3 to 3.1 by the end of this month.

If you had, you could have purchased v3 a few days ago.

Looks like ver 4 is in the cards for you now tho.

Have a good day.

Actually I am along time owner of P3D, not user. I tended to use FSX a lot more.

As I said I have only just recently installed V2.5.

Also, as I said above, I found out that LM were updating about 4 hours ago - too late to do anything about it; ie after it had been done.

Also, it is not yet the end of this Month.
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

"Actually I am along time owner of P3D, not user. I tended to use FSX a lot more."

Your idea of using FSX now is a good one and you can still use your P3Dv2.5 with all your favorite addons.

I did not originally install FSX Acceleration on my new PC.
But, FSX Acceleration did get reinstalled.

I use FSX often.
Especially when P3D does an update.

Like right now when I want to fly aircraft not ready yet for P3Dv3.1 ... in my case like the VRS F18E Superbug (it never got updated for P3Dv3.0 either but it works on P3Dv2.5).
Or, aircraft that I have that use the F1 GTN750, . But aircraft can still be flown without it.

Plus I can use Orbx with FSX .. as it is installed in FSX and P3D.

Actually I still use Orbx with P3Dv3.1 now but the Object flow eye candy is missing .... but P3Dv3.1 is still working ok without it.

Note:
The P3Dv3.1 was scheduled for release "before the end of the month". No specific date.
Best Regards,