P3Dv3 & FaceTrackNoIR v1.7

Other problems or issues not covered by other troubleshooting topics.
drbaker

P3Dv3 & FaceTrackNoIR v1.7

Post by drbaker »

I have P3D v3, Win 10, & FaceTrackNoIR v1.7 installed. I installed P3D_v2_SDK_2.5.12946.0 for the SimConnect.ini. When I start the tracker I get error: "Protocol is not (correctly) installed!" Here are my tracker selections:

Profile: SimConnect.ini (Lockheed Martin > P3Dv2SDK2.5.12946.0 > Utilities > SimConnect SDK > Config > SimConnect.ini)
Tracker Source 1: faceAPI V3.2.6
Tracker Source 2: None
Filter: EWMA Filter Mk2
Game Protocol: FSX SimConnect

What am I doing wrong? Thanks. --Dave B.
aeronauta

Re: P3Dv3 & FaceTrackNoIR v1.7

Post by aeronauta »

Dave , installing the SDK does not install Simconnect , if you have already P3D installed go to

D:\Prepar3D v2\redist\Interface\FSX-SP2-XPACK\retail\lib

and double click on simConnect.msi, then restart your PC... try again

Jorge
Jorge Roldan
OZx Developer (aero) - Hovercontrol Helicopter Certified Pilot - Spad.Next Beta Tester - VATPAC Pilot PR
System i9-9990 4.7Ghz 32GB W11 Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 8GB
drbaker

Post by drbaker »

I did as you instructed. Now, where do I go to load this SimConnect.ini for FaceTrackNoIR? I searched and could not find it? Thanks. --Dave
ronh991

Post by ronh991 »

I think you are confused about the ini file. Simconnect.ini is not for face tracker. There is an fsx.ini for face tracker. Use that.
Ron
drbaker

Post by drbaker »

Thank you for the suggestion. I double-clicked on the FSX SimConnect.msi. Then, I searched for "fsx.ini" on my C Drive and could not find anything to connect FaceTrackNoIR to as the profile. Where is the "fsx.ini" located? Thanks. --Dave
ronh991

Post by ronh991 »

There seems to be a bit of confusion with this program - the site says to look for simconnect.ini in the Settings folder. Mine did not have one. I'm not sure where I got my FSX.ini file from - maybe created from the default or downloaded.

from the site:
To get started with FaceTrackNoIR:
Some people would like to know, how to start after installing FaceTrackNoIR. The wise thing to do, would be to load one of the default .INI files (which contain parameter-settings). These .INI files are located in the Settings folder inside the FaceTrackNoIR program folder.

For FSX you should load SimConnect.ini; <- this looks wrong
For FS2002/FS2004 you should load FS2004.ini;
For CFS3 or OFF there is Over Flanders Fields.ini;

There are some more. Check the compatible games page, to see which protocol you should use.
After tweaking the settings, it's best to use File/SaveAs and change the name of the .INI-file you made (otherwise you might loose it during a next update of the program...).
there are some drop downs - I selected FSX and P3D seems to work with it.

So try the default.ini then save it.

Now this program does not respect the program File - do not write rule - so you will find the fsx.ini file you create in the virtualstore folder.

%localappdata%\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Abbequerque Inc\FaceTrackNoIR\Settings
Ron
drbaker

Post by drbaker »

Hmmm. The Virtual Store has no files. What other suggestions are there to have the profile be SimConnect.ini?
ronh991

Post by ronh991 »

Then just load the default.ini file profile and set the protocol to FSX Simconnect.

Maybe you need the FSX simconnect.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\redist\Interface\FSX-SP2-XPACK\retail\lib
Ron
drbaker

Post by drbaker »

I do not have a SimConnect.ini file to load. With that path you show, it is just a SimConnect.msi. I double click it and no SimConnect.ini shows up anywhere on my C Drive. FaceTrackNoIR v1.7 requires a .ini file to load in the profile box. The default .ini does not work for P3D. I just need the SimConnect.ini but can't seem to find it anywhere on my C Drive.
drbaker

Post by drbaker »

Here is what I just did and still get a SimConnect protocol error.

FSX dvd 1, install SDK, SDK Folder > Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK
DownloadSP1a and SP2 SDK's and install both
SP1a: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download ... x?id=10027
SP2: http://www.microsoft.com/Products/Games ... pdate.aspx

p3d root folder/redist/Interface/FSX-SP1/retail/lib and run simconnect.msi (Windows Installer)
p3d root/redist/Interface/FSX-SP2-XPACK/retail/lib and do the same. (Windows Installer)
Microsoft Games/Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK/SDK/Core Utilities Kit/SimConnect SDK/lib and run simconnect.msi (Windows Installer)

FaceTrackNoIR profile load Microsoft Games/Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK/SDK/Core Utilities Kit/SimConnect SDK/lib/SimConnect.ini
ronh991

Post by ronh991 »

Please.... Don't use simconnect.ini from the sdk. The name Is confusing you. It has nothing to do with facetracknoir.
Just use the default.ini found in the settings folder.
Ron
drbaker

Post by drbaker »

Very good. I have "default.ini" as the Profile, faceAPI V3.2.6 as Tracker Source, and Accela Filter Mk2 as the Filter. I tried all choices in the Game Protocol list with no success in P3Dv3. When I select FSX SimConnect as the Game Protocol, I get the "Protocol is not (correctly) installed" error. So, if I have "default.ini" as the Profile, what do I choose as the Tracker Source, Filter, and Game Protocol? Thanks for your patience. --Dave
ronh991

Post by ronh991 »

I have no other ideas. It works for me.
Ron
drbaker

Post by drbaker »

If I have "default.ini" as the Profile, what do I choose as the Tracker Source, Filter, and Game Protocol? Thanks for your patience. --Dave
ronh991

Post by ronh991 »

What you had in your first post is the same as me. Don't know why you get the error
Ron