Wilco Airbus Evolution Series I and II

For all topics that don't fit into another category. Note that we cannot promise that any of these posts will be responded to by our development team.
Ronharr

Post by Ronharr »

If anyone has bought Wilco's Airbus Evo Series for Prepar3d v2, you may have run into the same problems I did. there are significant issues that must involve the Aircraft files. When setting up a flight plan (Using FSX Commander) there are issues with accepting the plan, freezing of the HSI and other indicators, inoperative Arm spoilers and the autopilot is dodgy if not broken. I didn't think this would be due to Prepar3d so I removed (and saved, of course) all of the Wilco Airbus files from the Prepar3d SimObjects Airplanes folders and replaced them with the same Airbus folders copied from FSX (even including the various liveries for each Airbus). This fixed all the problems. It did however, create what I find to be a minor problem. On shutting down or resetting Prepar3d, the programme leads to a Windows7 error message "Prepar3d has stopped working....". Considering I was unable to use the so-called Wilco version released for Prepar3d, that it functions admirably with the FSX airplane folders and Prepar3d restarts without evidencing any start-up or other problems, I can live with what happens until, or if, Wilco releases a version that works!

If anyone has any ideas that may eliminate the shut-down error I would be glad to hear your suggestions,

Ronharr
mesa4708

Post by mesa4708 »

Beleive it or not the Wilco Series act like they were made for P3D. Unlike CS, PMDG, IFLY, they (Wilco) work like a champ! Had one problem when the 2-D hot spots were not working but, that has even worked out. For a long time I was one of those that would tell you to avoid Wilco like the plague, but since P3D, Go For It!

Note - Wilco is not for those that want to throw every switch that is required to get a specific aircraft off off the ground. The concept of their sims is to allow you to go from start to take-off in the least amount of stress and still give you the satisfaction of flying.
Ronharr

Post by Ronharr »

Updating this problem. I have traced it to a specific file from the Wilco application and have advised them. I'll update again if resolved.