New Hardware still bad frames

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
kangmana09

Post by kangmana09 »

I recently upgraded pretty much every aspect of my computer
i7 4790k
GTX 970 Asus Strix
Asus z97a
Hyper 212evo cooler
850 PSU
I did not upgrade the Hard Drive it is about five years old a seagate 1tb HDD hard drive, or the Wireless Adapter.

After the upgrade my P3D is better but still not getting that great of frames. For example, leaving Atlanta with default scenery in the aerosoft a319 with FTX Global and vectors, REX texture direct, and rex soft clouds, i was only getting about 18 frames. My scenery sliders are about medium for everything except the detail radius, and cloud shadow distance is also pretty low. I know there could be a million possible issues or maybe its just not that good of a system. But does anyone have anything they could recommend I try, maybe it is the old Hard drive i am using, but transfer speed doesn't seem like the issue. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Joe
Prattpt6

Post by Prattpt6 »

Your not alone, I have a I7 5930K OC to 4.6Ghz with 16GB DDR4 @2800Mhz and a EVGA GTX 980. Im getting in some areas same FPS as you. The weird thing is if I turn up my settings I get better FPS, but then I get OOMS...Can't win really
dsuccess

Post by dsuccess »

I have not ran those add-ons, but I would suggest running the bench-mark '3DMark' and see if it is perhaps a system related issue. You can compare your system to others. I'm not sure what my frame-rates are presently.

You said your HD is about 5 years old. Scenery does a lot of Drive swapping (I believe) so an investment in a SSD would probably help. You can pick them up for about $100 or so.

Asus - Formula VII
i4790k
Corsair: 16gig / Vengeance Pro
SSD 2-265 Raid

MatsHellman

Post by MatsHellman »

Are you using nVidia Inspector? My frames were really bad until I changed from Sparse Grid Supersampling to the "lower" setting. At work now so can't remember the correct term, but it's a few rows above. I see very little difference in anything else than shadows and frames stay above 35 at the moment with a 4770K at 4.6 and GTX780.