Screen resolution for CDU II (VRi)

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
Navajo31

Post by Navajo31 »

Hello everyone.

In my setup, i have 3 monitors in surround on a GTX 970 and a 610 running a 23" monitor as wel as a CDU II by VRinsight.
In FSX the 768x1024 resolution had to be forced in the CFG file.
In P3D v2.5 its the same thing. With the resolution of the CDU II screen set to 768x1024x32, the display is used correctly, but sometimes loses its setting after going between windowed and full screen mode.
If I check the CFG file then, the settings for the CDUII screen are 1600x2500 or something. That is not supported by the monitor in the CDU II, but it is the highest setting in the windows settings for the screen resolution.
The resolution in cfg file gets altered every time i go into the settings-display menu in P3d. Staying out of that menu, usualy means the CDU II resolution stays as set to 768x1024x32.

With blackout desktop unchecked, the CDU II schreen resolution is determined by windows, and i can keep using the screen. Is there a performance penalty???

This is my experience so far.
Does anyone have some good tips to make using the CDU II easier?

cheers