Sudden OOM With 1 GB Free VAS

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
MarkSC

Post by MarkSC »

I tried changing my settings to remove building shadows and AI traffic, and that did not solve it. I even had an OOM with 1.6 GB of free VAS almost immediately after takeoff at Glasgow! I think there is definitely a bug related to the settings and/or menu usage and/or texture files that causes a sudden crash in free memory (or P3D erroneously reports that there is no free memory when there is). Can LM comment? If you want to contact me, I would be happy to share my exact settings so you can duplicate the problem. The only add-on I am running is FTX Global and REX clouds at 1024 resolution (although I had an OOM before REX). I am using Win 8.1, so that could be a factor too I suppose. I checked the event log, and there are no errors. I just get the P3D message that the program has run out of memory, and then it closes the program. I can rarely fly for more than 5 minutes in urban areas without this OOM message even though there is only 3 GB VRAS usage (or less) and less than 2 GB VRAM usage on my 3 GB card.
yurikov

Post by yurikov »

Same here. Suddenly an OOM with ca. 3Gb VAS in use. With the stock F22, only add-on in use is FTX Global (1.1) and latest FSUIPC. I can quite easy replicate it on some locations, but it seems to depend on the location (OOM in 5 minutes flying around ULMM and EGNM). On the other hand, flying around default Langley scenery is OOM free.

Win8.1, GTX770 4gb. VRAM use ca. 2,2Gb (resolution 2560x1440). Medium-high settings for scenery and lighting.
apatitysever

Post by apatitysever »

I changed the entry in row : "change POP_FREE_AUTOGEN=1 - POP_FREE_AUTOGEN=0

(Appdata/LM/P3Dv2/Prepar.CFG)"I can fly ULMM,ESSA...I have no errors OOM.

(P3D v 2 academic,w 764,SB2600K-over 4600 Mhz,Asus P8Z77,video Palit780

extrem,SSD - w7,SSD-P3D,kingston hyper 1600 16 gb).Maybe this cause OOM?
johnan

Post by johnan »

Touch wood, I have never had an OOM and have been using P3d V2 for a few hours a day since its release.

Aircraft used are the Aerosoft ABX, Real Air Dukes, and Carenado King.

Only extra scenery is UK photo-real and UK 2000 airports.

John
jcverrett

Post by jcverrett »

I was having the same problem with OOM in The Upper Peninsula of Michigan to Wisconsin flight. After reading this http://www.prepar3d.com/forum-5/?mingle ... pic&t=4551 I tried turning my POP_FREE_AUTOGEN=0 in the config file. (I have FTXG installed with REX using OPUS) I have not had an OOM since but the Autogen pops like in FSX. As soon as I re-enable it within a few minutes I have an OOM just like clock work on my Flight from KSAW to KATW. I was pulling my hair out with this for a while now. I thought it was FTXG for a while. http://www.prepar3d.com/forum-5/?mingle ... pic&t=4315 and http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/ ... to-memory/ As long as I leave it off I can run autogen at max and still not get an OOM. I now have no problems with FTXG and the OOM.

Jon
Mister J

Post by Mister J »

interesting, Tomorrow i try that solution to prevent my oom's.

Thanks, MrJ
rolby

Post by rolby »

It's clear that lots of OOM's are linked to the new autogen "without popup" method and tree flashing issue described in "scenery" section.

The good thing is that LM opened a internal ticket for this issue. So, hopefully a fix will be supplied with 2.1 patch.