Saitek Drivers??

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
jcar

Post by jcar »

Can someone please send me a link on how to install Saitek drivers please. I need step by step and what config files i need to change etc etc.

Thanks
jcar

Post by jcar »

Answer I got from Saitek. Seems like they are passing the buck to Prepar3d

I have provided detailed instructions on how to properly download and install the drivers and software for our products. However, I do not have any information regarding Prepar3d setup. We did not manufacture or develop the simulator so I recommend contacting Prepar3d for configurations information. Driver and software process is listed below.

Please try this..
First Step: Disconnect all saitek controller

Next step: Delete the MadCatz and Saitek folders under your Temp file? Instructions bellow:
1. Click Start
2. Open computer tab
3. Open C drive
4. Open Windows folder
5. Open Temp folder
6. Right click MadCatz folder and delete the entire MadCatz folder.
7. Right Click Saitek Folder and Delete the entire folder.

Next Step: Lets see if the software is still installed
1. Click Start
2. Open Control Panel
3. Open Uninstall a Program
4. If you see anything that says X55 or smart technology > right click it and uninstall it. (You may see two instances so please make sure you uninstall both)
5. If you see anything that says pro-flight plugin right > click it and uninstall it (You may see two instances so please make sure you uninstall both)
6. If you see anything that says saitek direct output > right click it and uninstall it. (You may see two instances so please make sure you uninstall both)
7. If you see anything that says saitek > right click it and uninstall it.

Next step: Delete the Smart Technology, MadCatz, and Saitek folders under your Program file? Instructions bellow:
1. Click Start
2. Open computer tab
3. Open C drive
4. Open Windows folder
5. Open program files or program files (86) - ( check both)
6. Right click and delete Saitek, MadCatz, and Smart Technology folders.
7. Delete files out of recycle bin

Next Step: Device Manager
1. Open Device Manager
2. Expand Programmable Support and if it is correct it should look like this.
- Programmable Hot-key
- Programmable Root Enumerator
- Programmable Support for Keyboard
- Programmable Support for Mouse
3. If there are any Yellow exclamation mark Right Click it and uninstall them.
4. If you have more than one Root Enumerator then you will need to uninstall each programmable root enumerator until you only have one programmable root enumerator showing.

Nest Step: Restart PC

Next Step: Update your .Net Framework
1. Please install 4.5.1 .NET framework for your PC. Updating your framework will help your computer's devices run properly, smoother, and faster.
You can download 4.5.1 with this link.. http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download ... x?id=40779

Next Step: Make sure all important Microsoft updates are installed as well as the hardware on your pc is all up to date. You can check by going to the manufactures website and seeing what important hardware updates you need.

-------- Now you are ready to move on to downloading and installing drivers for the devices. This process is similar for all the products------

Yoke------
1. Before, you download the updated driver and software, it is important to disconnect your products
2. Go to Saitek.com
3. Choose Product range and select Pro flight
4. Chose "Yoke"
5. Select operating system
6. Download driver first. Make sure you save driver. Once it saves click and drag it to your desktop > Right click it and click run as administrator.
8. Follow installation instructions
9. When informed to connect please do so. Make sure you connect to USB 2.0 port.
9. Click Next and finish
10. A test page should open. This is where you can test the functions and calibration of the joystick.
11. Exit out after testing.
12. Go back to the downloads page on saitek.com. Download the software.
13. Make sure you save the software before running. Once it saves click and drag it to your desktop > Right click it and click run as administrator.
14. Follow installation instructions to Finish Installation
15. Test out

Rudder Pedals-------
1. Before, you download the updated driver and software, it is important to disconnect your products
2. Go to Saitek.com
3. Choose Product range and select Pro flight
4. Chose "Rudder Pedals"
6. Download driver first. Make sure you save driver. Once it saves click and drag it to your desktop > Right click it and click run as administrator.
8. Follow installation instructions
9. When informed to connect please do so. Make sure you connect to USB 2.0 port.
9. Click Next and finish
10. A test page should open. This is where you can test the functions and calibration of the joystick.
11. You do not need to download and install the software because the yoke uses the same software.

Switch, Radio, Multi Panel--------
2. Go to Saitek.com
3. Choose ProFlight Range
4. Chose Pro Flight Switch Panel. This driver will work for the Multi and radio panel so will only need to install it once.
6. Download driver first. Make sure you save driver before you run the installer
7. Click and drag file to desktop.
8. Right Click the Panel download File and run as administrator. This will start the installation process.
9. When it prompts you to plug in the Switch Panel please do so. Make sure you plug in the device into a USB 2.0 port.
10. Complete installation by following the on screen instructions.
11. Test out in the test page
- Open Program Files > Open Saitek Pro Flight Panels Folder > Open the panel's test page.
a. This is where you can test out the functionality of the unit to make sure everything in working order.
12. After this proceed to connecting your Multi Panel and Radio Panel.
- Open Program Files > Open Saitek Pro Flight Panels Folder > Open the panel's test page.

TEST OUT !

I hope this helps.

Best regards,
Patrick Pentz.

-
jcar

Post by jcar »

I also found this youtube video. Anyone from prepar3d please help us getting these drivers installed. http://youtu.be/r2o7PUrlozo
jcar

Post by jcar »

I would not recommend to anyone considering Saitek equipment for Prepar3d using windows 8.1 64bit until Saitek resolves the driver issues.
flamer

Post by flamer »

I have several saitek peripherals all working perfectly on p3d. I have cessna pro yoke, pro flight pedals, throttle quadrant, trim wheel, multi panel, radio panel and switch panel.

I do not use the saitek drivers, I use SPAD drivers which I find a lot better. http://fstools.weebly.com/

jcar

Post by jcar »

Massive issues with windows 8.1 and how it uses USB power. I am going back to windows 7 64 bit for prepar3d and X-plane 10.5.
billolgaau

Post by billolgaau »

Don't bother with the Saitek drivers as flamer said, just use SPAD & FSUIPC registered instead.