[SOLVED] Saitek Yoke X axis problem

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
Arismac

Post by Arismac »

I have developed a fault with the X axis of my Saitek Pro Flight yoke. Left bank is sudden and uncontrollable while right bank is smooth and in control. The problem is the same in both P3D v1.4 and v2.2 installed on separate drives. The Axis appears to be working correctly in the Saitek Pro Flight Yoke control panel window.

I have replaced the Yoke with an new one. I have tried removing the Axis allocation from P3D and allocating all assignments in FSUIPC. I do not have FSX installed. I am using the latest drivers and have also tried SPAD.

The images show the position of the Ailerons for the identical left and right rotation of the yoke. The amount of travel of the Ailerons is very different.

In the FSUIPC Options and Settings --> Axis Assignment window rotating the yoke right moves the "Data" smoothly from 0 to -16384 but rotating left jerks the "Data" from 0 to 16384 almost a soon as the yoke starts to rotate.

Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mac

kandoit

Post by kandoit »

first remove saitek drivers thay are not needed i don't use them on my system

go into settings\controls and delete all keyboard keys then export and save in user\yourname\appdata\roaming\Lockheed martin\prepar3d.v2\controls\your file name

then go into prepar3d.cfg and replace

[controls]

controls_default= your file name

controls_current= your file name

then set up your keys and axis with fsuipc

this will show if you are having key board jitter and if york is working alright also if there are no conflicts if all ok your done

you can reset keyboard keys as and when you want them don't forget to leave [ESC] KEY SO YOU CAN EXIT SIMULATOR

Arismac

Post by Arismac »

Many thanks for this. I shall report back when completed.

Mac
Arismac

Post by Arismac »

OK completed. I tested to make sure the keyboard is completely out of the picture by even unplugging the board but no change I am afraid.

I feel I need to uninstall the Saitek driver, but it does not appear in the Win 7 Control Panel. I really have no idea how to find it and safely uninstall.

Mac
kandoit

Post by kandoit »

the only thing i can suggest is use the install disc or run regedit and do a search for saitek then delete all references to it. of cause make a restore point first and as added precaution back up the registry.

one other thing you can do is get a windows manager which can fix, repair, clean,delete,backup registry.

(THIS ONE DOSE IT ALL SAFELY)

The one i use is windows 7 by yamicsoft 64 or 32 bit you get a months free trial fully working, iv use it safely for years

link http://www.yamicsoft.com/windows7manager/

my system windows 7 64bit, gtx titan, 3x27 aoc monitors,ssd samsung 850 and a raptor drive.

saitek.. york pro, x52 pro Cessna peddles,trim wheel, 3 quadrants no drivers installed use fsuipc
Arismac

Post by Arismac »

Many thanks. I have so far been completely unable to purge Saitek from my computer so that I can do a complete reinstall. I feel quite sure I have a driver conflict somewhere but can not find the driver to remove.

I will follow your advice and report back.

Mac
Arismac

Post by Arismac »

I am afraid I have hit the wall big time with this one. I have not been able to uninstall the Saitek software and drivers because I can not locate a file "Smart Technology Programming Software 7.0.2.7" and "software_loc_9.msi" which Windows 7 needs to uninstall the program. I have two Saitek installation disks from my original and replacement yoke.

I have tried running with both USB 2 and USB 3. I have tried re-installing without uninstalling and used CCleaner and Windows 7 Manager all without solving this issue.

If I unplug the Yoke USB and do a fresh install/update from the installation disk the Saitek Pro Flight Yoke calibration window shows the X Axis moving smoothly in both directions. BUT if I then run P3D v2.2 the X Axis continues to move smoothly in the Calibration Windows that opened with installation but the flaps jerk to the left. If I then remove all the Assignments in the Axes --> Saitek Pro Flight Yoke and then go Settings --> Controls --> Calibration --> Calibrate the Properties window shows the X Axis jerking hard left but moving smoothly to the right.

How come it moves at all?? No assignments in FSUIPC or the Axes should equal no movement at all, but it doesn't?? Interestingly the Y Axis does not work under these settings which is as it should be.

PS: Tried running in both SLI and without, no change. All testing done with the Baron.

Mac
kandoit

Post by kandoit »

when removing all key and axis assignments did you un tick the box to disable joystick controller in settings before setting up fsuipc is the york pro the only one you have because it seams you have a duel assignment if you have any others then all must be cleared. calibration settings uses a direct access to stick through the usb to calibrate it if all is fine there and the stick behaves has it should then the conflict is in prepar3d.

1 disable controllers in prepar3d ie(un tick controller)................ not needed for fsuipc

2 on installation of saitek did you install the programing software check that no assignments have been set if so clear them.

3 unplug (IE remove all controllers)

4 reboot machine

5 run registry cleaner

6 re connect saitek york pro only

7 check that no button or axis assessments are there if so delete them and controller is un ticked in settings

8 then set up the ailerons and elevator in fsuipc only and which ever is giving problems no more then 3 settings

9 if problems still exist then a driver not necessarily saitek may be interfering with the usb port will have to find which

Arismac

Post by Arismac »

Thank you very much for sticking with me on this one "kandoit". I shall follow instructions and report back tomorrow. Sleep time is coming soon. (GMT +8).

Mac
Arismac

Post by Arismac »

I have your followed instructions right through, twice. With only the yoke plugged into the USB port on the computer, no keyboard, mouse, panels, etc., and all the key assignments deleted and the "Enable Controller(s)" unticked.

The following images from FSUIPC Axis Assignment page show the yoke turned approximately ten degrees to the right and then to the left. Only the Ailerons have been assigned to FSUIPC.

I completely agree that a driver is the problem and I feel certain the Saitek driver need to be uninstalled and reinstalled but am unable to remove the driver from my computer. Uninstall requires me to locate an installation packaged "software_loc_9.msi" and I can not locate. See bottom image.

I still have FSX installed on my Office computer, as distinct from my Gaming machine. So I plugged the X52 Pro Flight Yoke System into that. No drivers, no FSUIPC and it works perfectly. Ailerons moved smoothly in both directions. So that at least removes the possibility of a mechanical fault with the yoke.

kandoit

Post by kandoit »

i see you have the box ticked for send to FS as normal axis UN-TICK THAT

and tick send direct to FSUIPS Calibration, and click on delta till it reads (zero or 0)this means no dead zone, then go to tab joystick calibration

and set your stick there

last resort..........

This may seam daft but try to install the oldest saitek driver you can find there is a chance that it may over ride the one already in and correct the problem,

short of that you could go in to device manager and use that to uninstall all the drivers on the system. Except the hard drives and video

work through them all starting with the usb drivers, sound, gaming, dvd drives,being careful on the order you remove them in, so as not to cause a restart.

after removing all unplug the saitek

Then reboot the system it will reset and automatically reinstall the drivers found. that is the only thing i can think of without doing a complete format and reinstall of all.
Arismac

Post by Arismac »

[SOLVED]

Many thanks for your support "kandoit"

The answer finally came from MadCatz Software and the following worked perfectly.

Thank you for contacting the European Tech Support Team for Mad Catz.

First of all, please be advised that SPAD and FSUIPC are plugins used for panels in FS9 and below, thus installing either SPAD or FSUIPC ( which is no longer used for our panels) will not solve the issue.

Given that the X axis behaves in the same manner in Windows test, it seems that there is a calibration issue In Windows.

One way to recalibrate your device is to reset the raw data values that are held in Windows registry.

To do this:

1. Remove the USB plug for your controller from the PC.

2. Press and hold the Windows key on your keyboard and then press the letter R. This will open the Run box.

3. Type regedit and then click ok.

For Windows Vista/7/8/8.1

4. The Registry Editor will have a list of folders on the left hand side. Go down into the following folders in order by clicking the + next to the folder name.

+ HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE

+ System

+ CurrentControlSet

+ Control

+ Media Properties

+ Private Properties

+ Joystick

+ OEM

5. Delete any folder inside the Direct Input folder that begins VID_06A3 or VID_0738, if you know the specific PID number or your device then you only need to delete the string that matches the VID and PID.

6. Then navigate to the DirectInput folder

+ HKEY_CURRENT_USER

+ SYSTEM

+ CurrentControlSet

+ Control

+ Media Properties

+ Private Properties

+ DirectInput

7. Delete any folder inside the Direct Input folder that begins VID_06A3 or VID_0738, if you know the specific PID number or your device then you only need to delete the string that matches the VID and PID.

8. Once deleted, close the editor, then plug the USB back into the original port. Move all the axes of the controller through their full range of movement four times. This will rebuilt the data range for all axes.

Cheers,

Mac
grlz1

Post by grlz1 »

This process worked worked perfectly.

My yoke is now able to idle at 1 percent power and upto 99 percent

Makes flying much easier

Thanks