Right click crashes P3D v2.1

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
munga

Post by munga »

Help...

My P3D v 2.1 crashes to desktop when I right click with my mouse { view option list }. It happens to all aircraft.

I have re-created the P3d config {cfg file} and still no fix...

any suggestions or tips!!!!!!
Saul

Post by Saul »

do you have areo peek enabled? from a taskbar right click then properties?

Regards,

Saul.
CAF440

Post by CAF440 »

I have that error and aero peek enabled. Very strange minor issue although. Although right click-spots in the VC are not effected. At least I can access the menu's in sim from the menu bar in window mode.
minime

Post by minime »

Can someone confirm that he has a valid license and a standard 2.1 api.dll installed into Prepar3d and its crashing on a right click?

*sigh*

Ok, here is the way to fix at least a large amount of the rightclick CTD bugs:

1. Delete the cracked api.dll file you downloaded from the internet.

2. Replace it with the standard Prepar3d api.dll you got from Lockheed Martin.

3. BUY A LICENSE FROM LOCKHEED MARTIN SO THEY CAN CONTINUE DEVELOPING THE SOFTWARE YOU OBVIOUSLY LIKE.

4. Install the license on your computer and watch the problem disappear.

If that does not help, please post again here. :)

BTW...

On the technical side, this is not really a crash. Its simply Prepar3d closing because it detects that you do not have a valid license or in this case not a valid api.dll. Think of it like a demo version. You can try it out without right clicking. If you want more, get a license to remove that restriction. :)

And to whoever this applies to (yes I know there may be someone with a legit license in here):

You should not write bug reports when running an application with a crack. First off its stupid, because you have no idea what the crack is doing to the application. Secondly, because you did not pay for the application, thus you are not entitled to get support for it. Its bad enough that you use the software without paying anything, but ok, I understand there are some 3rd world countries where people get like 10$ salary a month and there is no way to pay 60$ for a software. BUT... at least have the decency to not post your problems with the crack into the official support forum. Please.

P.S: Mods please do not delete this post, otherwise we will answer this question over and over again for the next years.
stefbuik

Post by stefbuik »

Quote:
Quote from hordenpm on February 15, 2014, 09:57

Minime (which meams in french "very little") I have opened the topic of the right clic. In my case, I have a license (an academic one's) and I have already resolved the problem. My right clic mouse was programmed "CTRL+C".

Just three posts, and already cussin' out everybody? Nice. Thát'll get you help quickly from more experienced users.

I understand that you're angry, but please do not let the p3d forum devolve in a cussin' contest like some parts of avsim...
minime

Post by minime »

Quote:

Minime (which meams in french "very little") I have opened the topic of the right clic. In my case, I have a license (an academic one's) and I have already resolved the problem. My right clic mouse was programmed "CTRL+C". So fuck you.

Yes, of course. That's why I wrote: "yes I know there may be someone with a legit license in here"

I am quite sure though that not all the people that read in here will have their right mouse click programmed to "CTRL+C".

Now I have only one question: Why did you map your right mouse click to "CTRL+C" or when did that happen? Because knowing that may help other people avoid the problem.
hordenpm

Post by hordenpm »

Stefbuik, You are right, I became enraged. But the text of mimine is so contemptuous for everybody. Those as me who one bought the version 1.4 then 2 and who support LM and even the others who do not maybe have the means to pay as me but who like the simulation.

PS : I am a retired man of the programming but I made in the past softwares for Flight Simulator 95.
minime

Post by minime »

Quote:
Quote from hordenpm on February 15, 2014, 11:00

But the text of mimine is so contemptuous for everybody.

Actually, only for those that DO use a crack. Everyone else will just ignore it, because obviously it is not targeted at them. Also if someone does not use a crack the solution will not work.
hordenpm

Post by hordenpm »

No Minime, the only ones authorized to write what you have writen are LM. And I am sure on that, they do it with more tap.
minime

Post by minime »

Quote:
Quote from hordenpm on February 15, 2014, 11:36

No Minime, the only ones authorized to write what you have writen are LM. And I am sure on that, they do it with more tap.

In this forum its mainly customers helping other customers, so you will have to deal with other customers solving your problems. I doubt that Lockheed Martin keeps track of all 3rd party software out there (like this crack) and would have known why so many people report this problem that actually is not a bug.

So it is important for them to get the information that:

a) There is a crack out there for version 2.1

b) This crack will close Prepar3d when right-clicking the mouse which looks like a crash to the user

There are enough real bugs out there, we don't need to chaff the devs with stuff like this.

Every user can now read this thread and decide for himself if he is reporting a real bug or not.

There is no reason to be angry about anything. Nothing I wrote was targeted at you or anyone else specific.

mau_ben

Post by mau_ben »

Quote:
Quote from minime on February 15, 2014, 10:49

Quote:

Minime (which meams in french "very little") I have opened the topic of the right clic. In my case, I have a license (an academic one's) and I have already resolved the problem. My right clic mouse was programmed "CTRL+C". So fuck you.

Yes, of course. That's why I wrote: "yes I know there may be someone with a legit license in here"

I am quite sure though that not all the people that read in here will have their right mouse click programmed to "CTRL+C".

Now I have only one question: Why did you map your right mouse click to "CTRL+C" or when did that happen? Because knowing that may help other people avoid the problem.

You sir are a gentleman. Kudos to you for your courteous response to a post which clearly did not deserve one. Pity that a few people in this forum (they know who they are) choose a much less elegant and civilized way to reply to people who do not share their opinions about anything and prefer to lash out in the vain hope that it will prove their superior intellect when the opposite is actually true.

Maurice
CAF440

Post by CAF440 »

Ok somehow I messed up in my XML controller area and that caused my issue. I have re fixed my issue by the backtracking and now have R click ability restored. I caused my own error thru my own experimenting with the controls and controller's. There I taught myself something new lol.
munga

Post by munga »

Can people please share info...in how they got it working???!!!!!
minime

Post by minime »

There are three solutions in this thread now:

1. If you use a cracked api.dll, remove it.

2. If you assigned the "Close Prepar3d" key to the right mouse button (or maybe ALT+F4), remove that assignment.

3. If you messed up your control config XML file in a way that a right mouse click closes Prepar3d, delete it.

Pick the one that works the best for you. ;)
pracines

Post by pracines »

I cannot wait for Wes or Adam to read this thread.
Win 10 Pro 64bit | ROG MAXIMUS XII HERO | i9 10850K |DDR4 3600MHZ G.SKILL TRIDENT Z NEO- 128GB | 1200W PLATINUM POWER SUPPLY | RTX 3090 |Samsung 970 evo plus 2TB NVME | 2nd M.2 Solid State 2TB | Seagate IRONWOLF PRO 8TB | DEEPCOOL CASTLE 240EX