Frequently loosing the joystick

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
taylordude

Post by taylordude »

Same issue with Win7 64 bit Attack 3 logitech.. My rudder just locks up full left, oddly while trying to troubleshoot it just starting working out of the blue. So I went with it and decided to change one of my button assignments and now the problem is back with a new twist, when I load the Cernado Commander 114 it will control taxi and takeoff but not the ailerons, but I see them working when using external views. Very frustrating.
jmejia

Post by jmejia »

I've got the same issue. someone mentioned changing the " power management" settings in windows 8/8.1 but that has not worked. I still loose controllers at random sometimes, and every time I change aircraft. I'd beg to differ that this is not a P3D issue, since FSX and Xplane run flawlessly for hrs even with alt tabing out to different tasks.

OS - was W8 is now W8.1

controllers lost: cessna yoke, trim, throttle, rudder pedals.

-J
whiskylima

Post by whiskylima »

I am having similar problems in the last day or so. I have been using Prepar3d v2.0 since release using a mixture of CH and Saitek products without an issue but am now having difficulty assigning controls to axis, for example I can set up a yoke but when I try to set up the rudder pedals, they are conflicting with the yoke. I am puzzled as to why this has only recently started giving problems as it has been fine till now and I thought I was reasonably familiar with setting up peripherals. I am using Windows 7 64 bit. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
cannow

Post by cannow »

Hope Lockheed Martin can sort this one out. Can not use P3d at moment because of the constant loss of joystick by placing the uicoreautomation.dll in the root of p3d has improved but still cannot finish a flight. Allways occurs on lack of focus ie clicking on plang mid flight.Fault occurs on fsx as well but no way near as often. Appreciate a window fault with win8 might have to bite the bullitt and pay for FSUIPC if does not make it in to the next patch.
Rolfspan

Post by Rolfspan »

Similar problems with Saitek X-65F. Tried different ways of calibrating but no success. All seems fine in FSX. Running windows 7.
jmejia

Post by jmejia »

-Update

After about 3 weeks of being unable to fly P3D because of joystick loss if any menu was activated, Plane swapped, or setting changed. Today I decided to Re-Install P3D. I figured since I first purchased P3D, then the Windows 8.1 update rolled out, which I upgraded to and began to experience the joystick loss every single time. Today I ran the installer again. it asked if I wanted to "Repair" I said yes! it took about an hr to finish, I almost closed it! BUT so glad I didn't. after set up was done and computer restarted, I was able to run it just fine. I opened all the menus, even loaded different controller options I had saved for twin engine planes. I changed planes mid flight, changed time preview mid flight No joystick loss! I made 5 flights, 2 over 30 min, all while switching settings trying to trigger Joystick loss. so far so good! Now I know this might now work for everyone, but if you did upgrade OS after installing P3D. then try a repair if you have an hr to spare. cant hurt! even if your situation is completely different, try the repair! I'm finally back in the air!

-J

EDIT -

Day 2 after "repair" back to all controllers being lost.
Kennair

Post by Kennair »

Guys, I had the same problem with my newly purchased gaming laptop and I persevered with fault finding and workarounds for a week before stumbling on the only solution to all my problems..... load windows 7! Don't bother with Windows 8 or 8.1 unless you like to torture yourself unnecessarily. Once I loaded Windows 7 all my controller and graphics issues were solved.

Ken.
CAF440

Post by CAF440 »

No Issue's FSX W8 and 8.1. Lockheeds P3D V1.4 although has the famous 2.0 drop stick error also.
Celis

Post by Celis »

Thanks Wes,

Running win8.1

Joystick properly running on any other sim or game.

Saitek X65F

Alex
Potholer

Post by Potholer »

To add my two penny'th - after installing a clean copy of P3DV2.1 the only problem that I'm consistently getting is a dropout of my Saitek Pro Yoke controller whenever the Settings menu is selected. Only the 'Mouse' options then become available so that changes to my yoke assignments cannot be made.

Win 8.1 64 bit

Intel i7-4770K @ 3.5 GHz

16 GB RAM

NVIDIA Titan

Maybe time for another patch? Thanks for cleaning up all the other problems that I had with V2.

Mike
bill27612

Post by bill27612 »

Installed update and still loose my AV8R when changing aircraft.

I also loose joystick settings.

I really don't believe this product is ready for release but they have my money.

Definitely not recommended.
jazbas

Post by jazbas »

Still the same problem with Saitek X52 Pro here with 2.1 also...
ockwellk

Post by ockwellk »

Can't get the throttle to work on the X52, it calibrates fine in the control menu, but never works in the sim.

Ken
jmejia

Post by jmejia »

I have the same issue Potholer has. the patch (2.1) Did fix my controllers being lost. however although the controls work, (with exception to my trim wheel), they do not display in controller settings. all I see are "mouse" options.
CaBrA

Post by CaBrA »

Quote:
Quote from _alioth_ on November 25, 2013, 18:43

Im loosing not the joystick, but force feedback of my MS sidewinder force feedbak 2

Same here but with logitech FF joystick