View Group Mgmt Problem

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
castle

View Group Mgmt Problem

Post by castle »

Hi,

Just reinstalled v5 on a new PC with Rtx4070, I-7, 32gigs, and liquid cooling. Nice fps around 50-65 with graphics and scenery at the high end, but unable to reconfigure Display and View Group screens for three projector system.
Things worked just fine in the past, but now, for some strange reason, after setting the view frustum for each screen as per the directions in the tutorial and pressing the PREVIEW icon, it is highlighted with the white outline but nothing happens. Copied the old Display and View Group files but still not working.

Tried a couple of ideas such as clearing various config files and starting from scratch, trying to configure just a single screen, and various options using AutoFill and AutoDetect modes. Even went so far as to uninstall the program, clear out any orphaned files, and reinstalling.

Planning to move up to v6 but wanted to current system running. Never had this problem rebuilding the screens in the past and using fur elise to warp the projections. Have NO idea why this is a problem now. Wonder if it might be related to file read/write permissions, but have never encountered this problem in the past. In fact, the instructions in the documentation is excellent and well written and the any mistakes in setting up the various files are clearly reported with error messages and such.

Was down for a few months putting together a new machine and repurchased a v5 license and downloaded 5.4.928482 on 4/07/24. Installation and startup was nominal until I ran into this problem.

John W.
Sabre57

Re: View Group Mgmt Problem

Post by Sabre57 »

Just a guess but try to activate the view group as you would in a flight and then go into view management and see if that does anything.
I9-9900
32GB RAM
RTX 3090 FTW
Assorted SSDs and HDDs
3x55" TVs
Alpha/Bravo Honeycombs
SPAD.Next, ASV6
castle

Re: View Group Mgmt Problem

Post by castle »

appreciate the reply and thought

I've started with various options: the default start as well as selected scenarios. Usually run with the Linux option with an external 6DOF. In all cases P3D is up and running when entering the view mgmt group. It all ran great last year with v5.3. Also created and installed Display and ViewGroup xml files "by hand" with zero effect. Then entering from the GUI menu displays the data as expected with edits accepted but selecting previews continue to hang, as well as the data requests to enable the additional screens being totally ignored. This machine is one week old. Considering sticking in the thumb drive for Win 11, cleanout everything and starting all over again. This is crazy!!

Best guess the PREVIEW option is hanging up in the Direct12 driver with no warning/error msg, but no idea why. Trouble shooting and dxdiag report everything is honky-dory.