REX Worldwide Airports P3Dv5 compatible?

Other problems or issues not covered by other troubleshooting topics.
Kalnon

REX Worldwide Airports P3Dv5 compatible?

Post by Kalnon »

I know REX Worldwide Airports textures are not officially compatible with P3Dv5 but I've always wondered if it would work. I have done the Windows Registry trick to get P3Dv4 add-ons to work in v5. I've long used Worldwide Airports for FSX and I think it offers the best looking taxiways and runways and I've tried many global airport textures.

There doesn't seem to be many global airport texture packs for P3Dv5 officially and I'm looking for more options. I would love to use Worldwide Airports 4K textures which I could never do in FSX (due to VAS limit) and I would love to have those textures in P3Dv5, I think it would look amazing.

Is there any chance REX Worldwide Airports textures would work in P3Dv5?

Thanks
P3Dv5.4
Ryzen 5800X, Corsair 32 Gb 3600 Mhz, Sapphire Nitro+ 6900 XT
All time favorite aircraft: PMDG 747 Queen of the Skys V2, A2A Captain of the Ship B377 Stratocruiser, OZx Grumman Goose Redux
ReinFlight

Re: REX Worldwide Airports P3Dv5 compatible?

Post by ReinFlight »

Adam Pestridge made a youtube video about this. According to him it's possible to make REX worldwide airports compatible with P3D 5.4
Here is the link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z__cKImJh0g

I don't have rex airports so I can't give you my opinion about it.

Rein
Kalnon

Re: REX Worldwide Airports P3Dv5 compatible?

Post by Kalnon »

Thank you so much, great video! I'm so happy I can use these textures now.
P3Dv5.4
Ryzen 5800X, Corsair 32 Gb 3600 Mhz, Sapphire Nitro+ 6900 XT
All time favorite aircraft: PMDG 747 Queen of the Skys V2, A2A Captain of the Ship B377 Stratocruiser, OZx Grumman Goose Redux