Bring some Third-Party Developers back?

For all topics that don't fit into another category. Note that we cannot promise that any of these posts will be responded to by our development team.
Airwolf

Bring some Third-Party Developers back?

Post by Airwolf »

Hey guys,

Is there anyway you guys can do some reach out to major third party developers like Orbx, PMDG, etc to bring products to P3Dv6. It is super annoying that these guys don't even want to bring their products. Orbx just stays silent about this.

You guys are putting in patches, and it would be great to get some third party software for the sim.

Thanks,

Airwolf
JorgenSA

Re: Bring some Third-Party Developers back?

Post by JorgenSA »

The market for those 3rd party developers is MSFS.

They have to go where the "casual simmers" mainly are, because that's where the money is.

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.
Airwolf

Post by Airwolf »

Yeah I know the devs have gone to MSFS

But what about LM's clients? they use addons also for their commerical products. What addons are being used?

Isn't it in best interest of Prepar3d to get some devs on board. Maybe community outreach to devs? make some deals etc.
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

Allow me a quote:

"But what about LM's clients? they use addons also for their commerical products"

1. Who are the clients? We do not know.

2. How do you know that they use add-ons? And for what purpose should they?

3. And if they do, and have issues, then they also have service contracts, which means different support channels, not visible to you and me.

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.