Mission Compass Blue pls

Discussion related to Mission design and creation.
thomas raggi

Mission Compass Blue pls

Post by thomas raggi »

I on P3D V4.5 I would like the Blue Mission Compass like On Flight Simulator X that there is the Blue mission compass ? PLS
Martyson

Re: Mission Compass Blue pls

Post by Martyson »

Hi thomas,
In p3D it is named Scenario Compass/Pointer
U key
Still working ok in Missions.
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
thomas raggi

Post by thomas raggi »

I would like the blue mission compass like that there is on Flight Simulator X because On P3D V4.5 the black mission compass I don't like so much and I like better the Blue Mission Compass like that there is on P3D V3
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

Then you'll have to look for an add-on compass, or for a way to change the compass yourself. All development on P3D v. 4 ceased years ago.

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.
thomas raggi

Post by thomas raggi »

yes I want an Additional mission compass and remember blue mission compass like that was on Flight Simulator X
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

You must either find such a compass as an add-on on the web, or you'll have to make one yourself.

L-M is not going to provide one.

Indeed, nothing will come from L-M on either v. 4 or v. 5, no development is taking place on either of those.

All L-M development is on v. 6 now.

Sorry to have to tell you this -

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.
thomas raggi

Post by thomas raggi »

Inglese: Oh well, thanks for the support
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

thomas raggi wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:30 pm I would like the blue mission compass like that there is on Flight Simulator X because On P3D V4.5 the black mission compass I don't like so much and I like better the Blue Mission Compass like that there is on P3D V3
Hello Thomas,

Ok, I now understand that the Mission Compass is not missing from the Sim but its color being black (not blue) in P3D4 is your question/request.

The gauge is listed as blue_compass in the Gauges\Missions.Cab folder in FSX, P3D4, P3D5 and P3D6 but it displays as a black compass.

So, it was either a change made by LM starting with P3D4 or it is a problem that you discovered in P3D4 (but also present in P3D5 and 6).

Your request for a blue gauge is still a valid question for LM Staff to answer.

Got a screenshot of the gauges folder content:
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)