G-sync broken with undocked window and other vsync issues

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
remcosol

G-sync broken with undocked window and other vsync issues

Post by remcosol »

Hello all!

First of all id like to say i am very happy with v6!

The issues i run into is twofold:

1. G-sync works fine untill you undock a window ( in my case a gps ) and slew it onto another screen. G-sync stops working then.
Docking the window again in the main screen will make g-sync working again but an external gps is impossible that way.

2. Trying to solve it using vsync etc causes strange behavior, it works , no tearing but a lot of stuttering. I have tried all kinds of combinations.

Wierd thing is when i activate and then de activate tripple buffer the screen is smooth and it goes to half the refresh rate of the screen, doesn t matter at what herz i put the screen its always half of that . But smooth . I need to do this every time i restart p3d.

It is this way an all v6 versions (incl 6.1) . have not tried it on other versions.

Graphics card is rtx 4080 with latest driver ( driver change doesnt matter i tried) and running triple screen in nvidia surround and en extra small touchscreen for the gps .

Keep up the good work!
Remco
Martyson

Re: G-sync broken with undocked window and other vsync issues

Post by Martyson »

Hello remcosol ,
Remco

"running triple screen "

What are the Specs?
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
remcosol

Re: G-sync broken with undocked window and other vsync issues

Post by remcosol »

RTX 4080 running 3x dp and 1x hdmi.
intell i7 10700 kf running at 5.0 ghz
3x LG 32GP850-B 32" Ultra Gear Gaming monitor
1x touchscreen monitor small.

Performance seems to be worse with v6.1 , able to run 60 fps and it seems to drop below 50 without any reason.

Gsync works but same undocking issue..