[RESOLVED] Cannot Receive CIGI Packets from P3D

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the additional features present in the Prepar3D Professional Plus client application.
themfark

[RESOLVED] Cannot Receive CIGI Packets from P3D

Post by themfark »

Hello,

I am using P3D as IG with CIGI v3.3. I have two computers, one for P3D and one for simulation host which are connected via ethernet. When the simulation starts, the aircraft moves correctly. However, HAT/HOT response packets coming from P3D which are correct and seen in Wireshark are not received most of the time. For example, there are 100 HAT/HOT packets which are not dropped visible in Wireshark coming to simulation host and the host only receives a few of them or nothing. This problem causes simulation to not work properly because it needs the Height-of-Terrain. I disabled the firewall but it did not help. What can I do in such situation?

Thanks in advance.
themfark

Re: Cannot Receive CIGI Packets from P3D

Post by themfark »

I found out that there are two udp receive functions in my software. These functions receive from the same port. Because of that reading the empty buffer problem occurs. In conclusion, eliminating the irrelevant udp receive function solved my problem.