P3d v5 black screen

Other problems or issues not covered by other troubleshooting topics.
Ansettman

P3d v5 black screen

Post by Ansettman »

loaded up P3d, what a great program, just one little problem. I get a black screen on start up with no aircraft showing in the select vehicle panel. I have installed Aerosoft's A330 professional, that doesn't show up either, so. I go ahead any way and after some fiddling with the screen size, but only on outside view, the airplane shows up. Such a pain but i figure its all worthwhile cos it is a great program. Oh and some times, just some times, there is a lot of "sparklies" in the aircraft window. An update perhaps?
I have deleted and reinstalled p3d v5, still no joy.
JorgenSA

Re: P3d v5 black screen

Post by JorgenSA »

Have you talked to Aerosoft about this?

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.
Ansettman

Post by Ansettman »

Not yet but, why do no aircraft show up in the select vehicle? Including p3d default?
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

Ansettman wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 4:14 pm loaded up P3d, what a great program, just one little problem. I get a black screen on start up with no aircraft showing in the select vehicle panel. I have installed Aerosoft's A330 professional, that doesn't show up either, so. I go ahead any way and after some fiddling with the screen size, but only on outside view, the airplane shows up. Such a pain but i figure its all worthwhile cos it is a great program. Oh and some times, just some times, there is a lot of "sparklies" in the aircraft window. An update perhaps?
I have deleted and reinstalled p3d v5, still no joy.
@ Ansettman ,

Did you Delete P3d or did you follow ? :
Uninstalling/Deactivating Prepar3D:
https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopi ... 2&t=125187

Downloading and Installing Prepar3D:
https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopi ... 2&t=120676

Now you could review / run through all the General Debugging Steps :
https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopi ... 2&t=123246
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
Ansettman

Post by Ansettman »

Thanks for the reply. I followed what is probably the first step i.e from the windows settings uninstall software. After that i deleted everything i could find on P3d v5 in my file system. There are a couple of steps i did not know about, thanks for that.
I have been simming ever since Tandy brought out the first colour coco. Things have changed a little, such a lot of steps just to fly! i'm seriously reconsidering the use of p3d and going back to windows8 and FSX. At least things worked! no reflection on p3d though, i'ts a seriously good sim. I will persevere and see what happens.
Thanks again
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

Ansettman wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:12 am Thanks for the reply. I followed what is probably the first step i.e from the windows settings uninstall software. After that i deleted everything i could find on P3d v5 in my file system. There are a couple of steps i did not know about, thanks for that.
I have been simming ever since Tandy brought out the first colour coco. Things have changed a little, such a lot of steps just to fly! i'm seriously reconsidering the use of p3d and going back to windows8 and FSX. At least things worked! no reflection on p3d though, i'ts a seriously good sim. I will persevere and see what happens.
Thanks again
@ Ansettman ,

You are welcome,

When you first downloaded P3D did you verify the downloaded Zip files Checksum before installing P3D?

" After that i deleted everything i could find on P3d v5 in my file system. "
Cannot do it that way.

"I have been simming ever since Tandy brought out the first colour coco. "
What are your system specs now?
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
Ansettman

Post by Ansettman »

well, i certainly will pay closer attention to what is deleted and what is not in future.
system is:
desktop AMD Ryzen 3 2300U 32g ram
Radeon RX570 8 g ram video card
2x1tb hdd
dual 21inch Samsung S22D390 monitors
CH Flightsim yoke.
and i will read all of the recommendations given in your referenced posts
given that there are so many instructions in the posts, is there a way to print them?
Thanks and regards
Ansettman

Post by Ansettman »

one more thing, i'm assuming the same instructions pertain to p3d v5?
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

@Ansettman,

I am sorry to have to point this out to you, but your system is way below the minimum requirements for v. 5, which you can find here:

https://www.prepar3d.com/system-requirements/

Your CPU runs at 2.0 GHz, way below the 3.0 GHz required - never mind what the "turbo" speed is, because that speed can only be maintained for a while, until the electrical and/or cooling limits are reached.

A lot of your problems would come from this one issue.

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.
Ansettman

Post by Ansettman »

Just what i wanted to hear, a good case for an upgrade. The story of my life.
Thanks and regards
Bill