Ctrl E not working on change of aircraft?

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
andy1252

Ctrl E not working on change of aircraft?

Post by andy1252 »

I'm in the process of converting everything to v5. Generally, very pleased with v5, performance is great and I finally feel happy cruising around smoothly and with no (or only very occasional) stutters.

I've learnt a lot about XML, and am trying to put all my scenery in via XML into an external directory, and that's working well. But I've just started to see which of my aircraft will be usable (it's turning out to be disappointingly few) and I'm encountering a consistent bug, I think. I'll start a scenario somewhere and try loading an aircraft. If the aircraft fails to load properly, for example most Carenado or Alabeo aircraft I've tried fail to render properly, I'll then try loading a new aircraft. If that aircraft looks feasible, I'll then try to fly it, but in all cases "ctrl-e" fails to then work (the key press is just ignored). If I go into slew mode and raise the aircraft off the ground that way, the engines will run when I come out of slew, but otherwise it requires a complete P3D shutdown and restart to get my start up back. And that is very time consuming.

Also, it used to be in the past that if I switched out of a running P3D window/full screen session I could then copy aircraft into my simobjects folder, and when I switched back to the P3D session I could find those new aircraft available if I wanted to switch vehicle. This no longer seems to work - I have to again shut down and restart the sim with all the delayh that incurs. Is this a bug or a feature?

I begin to have the feeling that I'm going to have to change a lot of the ways I do things to be able to use V5 successfully. That's ok, as long as I know what's design and what's a bug.
andy1252

Re: Ctrl E not working on change of aircraft?

Post by andy1252 »

additional info -

looks like the whole keyboard is being disabled after switching aircraft. No keypresses detected. And yes, I have tried a different keyboard and USB port.
andy1252

Re: Ctrl E not working on change of aircraft?

Post by andy1252 »

OK,

no idea what was going on but this seems to have stopped. Been ok for a couple of days now. I assume whatever gremlin it was got bored and has moved on.