Duplicate sound effects

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to installing the Prepar3D client application or it's installer.
Kendo

Duplicate sound effects

Post by Kendo »

I am installing an aircraft and would install its sounds in the Sounds folder. However the aircraft has duplicates of the sounds that are already there. Is there a way to install sounds so they can be separated according to the aircraft they are for?

Thanks, Ken
Martyson

Re: Duplicate sound effects

Post by Martyson »

Kendo wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:18 pm I am installing an aircraft and would install its sounds in the Sounds folder. However the aircraft has duplicates of the sounds that are already there. Is there a way to install sounds so they can be separated according to the aircraft they are for?

Thanks, Ken
Which aircraft?
Are you installing a freeware aircraft, not designed for P3D and without its own installer?
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
Kendo

Post by Kendo »

Martyson

Post by Martyson »

Kendo wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:35 pm Yes a B36 from https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads ... r-with-vc/

Designed for FSX
Note:
This area of the P3D forum is for problems installing P3D.

I looked at your link to the freeware aircraft.

Their instructions are for FSX.

Also, did you see this information that was mentioned there:
Installation of Add-on Aircraft/Scenery

Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Knowledge Center for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download.
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)