dxgi error device removed...

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
pkzipply

Re: dxgi error device removed...

Post by pkzipply »

Nothing got rid of the recurring error for me (and I tried many things posted on the web) until I reverted with 'clean install' to the old stable 382.33 driver, conveniently available from Greybear's post of 11/03/2017 05:14 PM at the geforce forums (just the driver, not the other stuff):
https://forums.geforce.com/default/topi ... 9/#5238069

I'm now a believer in the philosophy that until something doesn't work right, there's no need to update my NVidia driver going forward.

(I also used this other page for suggestions for the NVidia Control Panel settings (although my personal preferences for VSync and Triple Buffering are both Off):)
https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/5382 ... r-p3d-v43/
adf714

Post by adf714 »

pkzipply wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:28 pm Nothing got rid of the recurring error for me (and I tried many things posted on the web) until I reverted with 'clean install' to the old stable 382.33 driver, conveniently available from Greybear's post of 11/03/2017 05:14 PM at the geforce forums (just the driver, not the other stuff):
https://forums.geforce.com/default/topi ... 9/#5238069

I'm now a believer in the philosophy that until something doesn't work right, there's no need to update my NVidia driver going forward.

(I also used this other page for suggestions for the NVidia Control Panel settings (although my personal preferences for VSync and Triple Buffering are both Off):)
https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/5382 ... r-p3d-v43/
Had countless DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG errors with 430.86 and the latest 431.xx, but decided to try your suggestion and revert back to 382.33. So far, so good! Did a 7 hour flight and no crash, whereas I was getting a crash hourly with the newer drivers. I'll keep testing.
AMD Ryzen 3950X
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti
32GB RAM
Windows 10 Home
druco

Post by druco »

Hi gentlemen,
hope everyone is well…
I'm looking for some help again…
recently I reset my PC and reinstall the P3d V4.5... using the latest driver on NVIDIA Gforce GTX760, and for some weeks I was able to fly with no issues, but my PC was a bit unstable, so I had to update all the drivers (usb, bios, peripherals, etc...) and then guess what?!
Yep, the DXGI error again, and again…
I've been through the fóruns (Lockheed, Nvidia, and many more) have done a lot of changes, like the REGEDIT addition, downclock, overclock, silent mode, Vsinc on and Off, nVidia driver update and down to 397.64, CCleaner registry cleanup, Win update, etc, etc… you name it… so many stuff that I can't even remember.

I used tweackbit Driver updater and even did a Restore to the previous point, but did not solve… At this stage I'm stuck.
For any instance do you happen to know any new magic trick to solve this?
Thanks in advance for your any support.
best regards.
Alexandre
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

druco wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:49 am Hi gentlemen,
hope everyone is well…
I'm looking for some help again…
recently I reset my PC and reinstall the P3d V4.5... using the latest driver on NVIDIA Gforce GTX760, and for some weeks I was able to fly with no issues, but my PC was a bit unstable, so I had to update all the drivers (usb, bios, peripherals, etc...) and then guess what?!
Yep, the DXGI error again, and again…
I've been through the fóruns (Lockheed, Nvidia, and many more) have done a lot of changes, like the REGEDIT addition, downclock, overclock, silent mode, Vsinc on and Off, nVidia driver update and down to 397.64, CCleaner registry cleanup, Win update, etc, etc… you name it… so many stuff that I can't even remember.
At this stage I'm stuck.
For any instance do you happen to know any new magic trick to solve this?
Thanks in advance for your any support.
best regards.
Alexandre
When do you get the DXDI error?

Do you have a home built PC or a store name brand PC?
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

You might want to check that all the fans in the computer - including on the graphics card - are spinning, and the fans and all the openings in the computer are dust free.

In one recent case this error was caused by the graphics card overheating.

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.
druco

Post by druco »

Martyson wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:54 am

Do you have a home built PC or a store name brand PC?
Hi Martyson, thanks for your reply…

so my PC is a Store brand I believe, an ASUS ROG

''
OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home
Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Manufacturer ASUS
System Model All Series
System Type x64-based PC
System SKU All
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3401 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 1505, 6/5/2014
SMBIOS Version 2.7
Embedded Controller Version 255.255
BIOS Mode Legacy
BaseBoard Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
BaseBoard Product MAXIMUS VI HERO
BaseBoard Version Rev 1.xx
Platform Role Desktop
Secure Boot State Unsupported
PCR7 Configuration Binding Not Possible
Locale United Kingdom
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "10.0.18362.628"
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 7.94 GB
Available Physical Memory 4.01 GB
Total Virtual Memory 9.19 GB
Available Virtual Memory 3.90 GB
Page File Space 1.25 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys
Kernel DMA Protection Off
Virtualisation-based security Not enabled
Device Encryption Support Reasons for failed automatic device encryption: TPM is not usable, PCR7 binding is not supported, Hardware Security Test Interface failed and the device is not Modern Standby, Un-allowed DMA-capable bus/device(s) detected, TPM is not usable
Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions Yes
Hyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions Yes
Hyper-V - Virtualisation Enabled in Firmware No
Hyper-V - Data Execution Protection Yes
''

Martyson wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:54 am

Right after i load the cenario... meaning a few seconds after the aircraft shows…
a few minutes ago I tried a new thing, which was setting all the values (GPU boost clock, GPU voltage and memory clock near "zero"... and then I had a couple of minutes prior the error…
druco

Post by druco »

JorgenSA wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:26 am You might want to check that all the fans in the computer - including on the graphics card - are spinning, and the fans and all the openings in the computer are dust free.

In one recent case this error was caused by the graphics card overheating.

Jorgen
Hi Jorgen…
well I notice that one of my chassis fan is not working properly… it looks very slow… but the rest look fine…
I'll try a new config via boot
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

@durco,

"recently I reset my PC and reinstall the P3d V4.5... using the latest driver on NVIDIA Gforce GTX760, and for some weeks I was able to fly with no issues, but my PC was a bit unstable, so I had to update all the drivers (usb, bios, peripherals, etc...) and then guess what?!"

How old is your PC?

In what way was your PC a bit unstable?

Note:
Some chassis fans run at various speeds depending on temperature, which is normal.
Best Regards,
druco

Post by druco »

Martyson wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:55 am @durco,

"recently I reset my PC and reinstall the P3d V4.5... using the latest driver on NVIDIA Gforce GTX760, and for some weeks I was able to fly with no issues, but my PC was a bit unstable, so I had to update all the drivers (usb, bios, peripherals, etc...) and then guess what?!"

How old is your PC?

In what way was your PC a bit unstable?

Note:
Some chassis fans run at various speeds depending on temperature, which is normal.
Well I guess is about 4 years now…

After I reset it (format and win installation), sometimes it was flickering, while using diferente programs or even internet browser… it was resetting out of nowhere when I opened a new window… it was not a pattern, as sometimes looked really normal… and in order to solve this issues I decided to update drivers (as it was not done so far, after the new windows installation.)

the thing is, it was running P3Dv4.5 perfectly, no issues nor crashes…
druco

Post by druco »

Hi again…

so, now, I have a message (windows notification) after the DXGI error, saying that the Application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware

How can I address this?!
druco

Post by druco »

well, as we are doing this, I'm posting below some pics of my config., and maybe someone can spot anything wrong.

druco

Post by druco »

So, sharing my thoughts and experiences here, in what worked for me:

First of all, to say that I was able to isolate the cause of the error, which was my second monitor, connected to the same graphics card, but in ANLOG.
So, whenever I turned off the second monitor, I stopped having the error.
But as the goal is to have both monitors working, I tried to find a solution that would allow this.

What I changed:
1. I used the RESET WINDOWS UPDATE TOOL, to remove the latest updates, mainly the KB ... 44 of FEB 13.

2. I installed the NVIDIa 417.71 driver

3. I turned off the AA (anti-aliasing) option, in the Nvidia Control Panel and in the P3D Settings.

4. I accelerated the fans to 70 in order to provide better cooling.
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

Glad to hear your problem is resolved.
Best Regards,
Blaunarwal

Post by Blaunarwal »

I had dxgi errors recently after installing Nvidia 442.19 WHQL driver. Removing it and installing the predecessor 441.87 made everything fine again. Just added this info in case other ones also have this problem. I´m still using a GTX1080 8GB. The GPU is very good still.

Dan
i7- 13900K, 64 GB DDR-5 SDRAM, Gigabyte Aorus Z790 Elite AX, KFA2 GeForce RTX 3090 SG 1-Click OC (24GB)
https://sites.google.com/view/dans-p3d-mods
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

Blaunarwal wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 5:19 pm I had dxgi errors recently after installing Nvidia 442.19 WHQL driver. Removing it and installing the predecessor 441.87 made everything fine again. Just added this info in case other ones also have this problem. I´m still using a GTX1080 8GB. The GPU is very good still.

Dan
At what point did you get the error with Nvidia 442.19?
So far no problem with my P3Dv4.5HF2.
Best Regards,