Incomplete and outdated scenarios

For all topics that don't fit into another category. Note that we cannot promise that any of these posts will be responded to by our development team.
Jornov01

Incomplete and outdated scenarios

Post by Jornov01 »

I can not understand how main airports continue outdated and incomplete, runways that do not exist, new terminalr etc. Airports like Mexico City, Cancun, Chicago, Brcelona and many more. What is the idea to buy the scenarios to have the full airporte ?. I know it is very difficult to keep the airports of the world updated, but I do not explain how many main ones are not like that.

Jorge Novelo from Mexico City
JorgenSA

Re: Incomplete and outdated scenarios

Post by JorgenSA »

Well, you can hire several hundred (if not thousands) of developers and TRY to make it better.

Then the airports change, and you have to do it all over again.

You also have to expect to pay several hundreds (if not thousands) of dollars for the initial version, plus another substantial amount for updates.

No one on the consumer level is going to pay for that.

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.
Jerry2708

Post by Jerry2708 »

It's just not viable finance-wise, although I get what you're saying, it would be awesome for everything to be complete.
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

That's why the airlines pay the big bucks for the airports in their full-motion simulators to be updated all the time.

But oh yes, it would be awesome. (And put a lot of add-on manufacturers out of business).

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.
Sabre57

Post by Sabre57 »

It doesn’t solve the big picture, but you could use airport design editor and “fix” whichever airport you like. Depending on how big the differences are and how many of them you wish to fix it can take a lot of effort. I started working on my home airport about a week ago, just to get rid of a runway, and I think I’ve fallen down the rabbit hole. I’m now working on the auto parking lots.
I9-9900
32GB RAM
RTX 3090 FTW
Assorted SSDs and HDDs
3x55" TVs
Alpha/Bravo Honeycombs
SPAD.Next, ASV6