P3D V4 The Future

Other problems or issues not covered by other troubleshooting topics.
MACHAVIA

P3D V4 The Future

Post by MACHAVIA »

Customer ID <redacted>

Hello,

I am contacting you to ask if the future of P3DV4 , support etc is fully likely to be available moving fwd, I as only as I see that the majority of ADDON developers are primarily only offering X Plane 11 addons to the sim community, I also see potential of Microsoft launching a new simulator.

I note several associated sites and commenators are forcasting that Lockheed Martin MAY HAVE TO CEASE on going development due to other simulators increasing steadily in market share?

I personally hope this is not or will be LM policy going fwd can you reassure that LM is committed to maintaing the "status co"

Kind Regards
Charlie McEwan UK customer
Best Regards
Charlie McEwan

P3D V4.5 / Intel (R)Core TM i7-8700KCPU @3.70GHz3.70GHZ / Installed RAM 16GB 15.9 USEABLE / (12 Cores)
Graphics Card Nvidia GeForceGTX 1070Ti 0.0 Win  10 Home / 64 bit
Martyson

Re: P3D V4 The Future

Post by Martyson »

MACHAVIA wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:36 am Customer ID <redacted>

Hello,

I am contacting you to ask if the future of P3DV4 , support etc is fully likely to be available moving fwd, I as only as I see that the majority of ADDON developers are primarily only offering X Plane 11 addons to the sim community, I also see potential of Microsoft launching a new simulator.

I note several associated sites and commenators are forcasting that Lockheed Martin MAY HAVE TO CEASE on going development due to other simulators increasing steadily in market share?

I personally hope this is not or will be LM policy going fwd can you reassure that LM is committed to maintaing the "status co"

Kind Regards
Charlie McEwan UK customer
Which Add-on developers are you referring to?

Do you have links to the "commenators are forcasting that Lockheed Martin MAY HAVE TO CEASE on going development due to other simulators increasing steadily in market share?"
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
MACHAVIA

Post by MACHAVIA »

Please review Frooglesims weekly update on youtube for evidence, in particular Orbx and Carenado of late are really pushing X Plane 11 for Addons.

Again various youtube demos where you are able to leave comments etc etc
Best Regards
Charlie McEwan

P3D V4.5 / Intel (R)Core TM i7-8700KCPU @3.70GHz3.70GHZ / Installed RAM 16GB 15.9 USEABLE / (12 Cores)
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

MACHAVIA wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:16 pm Please review Frooglesims weekly update on youtube for evidence, in particular Orbx and Carenado of late are really pushing X Plane 11 for Addons.

Again various youtube demos where you are able to leave comments etc etc
I wonder where they get their information from?

I seen Frooglesims first couple information on the future MS Flight Sim product ... I am rather sure he mentioned the views were just his views and thoughts?

I would not rely on "various youtube demos" .

I have FS9, FSX, P3Dv4 as well as Xplane 10 and Xplane 11 but have not purchased Orbx or Carenado products for Xplane.

Just wondering, do you fly Xplane and Add-ons for it?
Best Regards,
MACHAVIA

Post by MACHAVIA »

No I do not I am P3D V4 and have spent a small fortune on Addon's, I worry that the developers (just check them out) most are producing for X Plane 11, one pundit on YouTube made a desparaging remark after watching a youtube contributor saying RIP P3D I hope the deveopers and many others are wrong and that LM continues to support P3D.

The worry now is no comment confirming LM will or has no intention of degrading the present platform facilities and support--- I wonder why that is.
Best Regards
Charlie McEwan

Martyson

Post by Martyson »

MACHAVIA wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:02 pm No I do not I am P3D V4 and have spent a small fortune on Addon's, I worry that the developers (just check them out) most are producing for X Plane 11, one pundit on YouTube made a desparaging remark after watching a youtube contributor saying RIP P3D I hope the deveopers and many others are wrong and that LM continues to support P3D.

The worry now is no comment confirming LM will or has no intention of degrading the present platform facilities and support--- I wonder why that is.
"I worry that the developers (just check them out) most are producing for X Plane 11"

Which developers have you asked?

Note:
Developers I purchase from produce for FSX, FSX-Steam, P3D and some for Xplane as well. Nothing wrong with that.
Best Regards,
MACHAVIA

Post by MACHAVIA »

Please provide an ans or your policy looking fwd it appears to me you are evading a legitimate question and concern
Best Regards
Charlie McEwan

Pete Dowson

Post by Pete Dowson »

MACHAVIA wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:53 am Please provide an ans or your policy looking fwd it appears to me you are evading a legitimate question and concern

It looks like you mistakenly think Martyson is part of L-M? Martyson is simply questioning your views and how you arrive at them, especially as they are not generally held, nor anything I've come across either.

I doubt that L-M considers such questions worth bothering with. Surely the part of the market you are concerned with isn't L-M's main area -- I'm sure it has far bigger customers in the U.S military areas and commercial users where P3D will be part of their development and training investment.

We hobbyists and developers for hobbyists are hopefully worthwhile to L-M because of the feedback and additional tools and accessories we provide, but I'm sure we won't be anywhere near being their main source of revenue.

Pete
My System

Win10: 22H2 build 19045.2728
Processor: I9 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Mobo: Maximus XI Extreme Z390
Memory: 32Gb at 3900 MHz.
GPU: RTX 24Gb Titan
Displays: 2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen
P3D5 set with 2 windows using ViewGroups
MACHAVIA

Post by MACHAVIA »

Hello Pete,

Thank you for your reply, yes I "get it" ref L-M revenue source being minimal from hobbyists, I think like it or not Plane 11 appears to be the favoured platform for "hobbyists" and therefor I was enquiring if L-M are likely to be bothered to carry on with support for the hobbyists moving fwd, surely this is a legitimate question.

One other thing, people like froogle and Aus Flight Simmer and other well known hobbyists appear to favour the X Plane 11 platform over P3D Vxxxxx, it was not always like this I simply ask if L-M will continue to offer the support and future development of the P3D platform.

Charlie
Best Regards
Charlie McEwan

downscc

Post by downscc »

Charlie is just trolling the P3D forum with his views on the superiority of XPlane... LOL, good try Charlie.
Dan Downs
KCRP
MACHAVIA

Post by MACHAVIA »

I think you are loosing the plot, I have never used X plane any variant and have no intention of switching sims, if LM were to drop out of the market for any reason then if I were to continue as a hobbyist that may be an alternative, however why would I switch and have to invest all over again in addons when the present P3D sim is more than suitable.

I say again it's a straight question which unfortunately from your side no straight ans is provided.

LOL
Best Regards
Charlie McEwan

JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

Dan,

I quote: "Charlie is just trolling the P3D forum"

No, he's just trolling.

There is no way he will ever get an answer from L-M to his questions, as such information is considered company confidential. If he sat down for 5 seconds and thought about it, he would realize that.

Of course, it may also be that he has no idea on how corporations work.

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.