Fuzzy Graphics only with Head Movement

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
WakashiV

Fuzzy Graphics only with Head Movement

Post by WakashiV »

The sim is 95% great, I just have one nagging condition I can't find a fix for.
Everything goes fuzzy, laggy, out of focus, call it what you want but, each time I move my head in game (especially noticeable in VC) everything is out of focus to the point of making the eyes go a bit "wonky"! As soon as head movement stops all is normal, I does it when moving around with TrackIR, the mouse or hat switch. I have tried all manner of settings, from default to high and have not come up with a satisfactory fix, (TrackIR works in all other sims fine.) If anyone has had this problem or knows of a cure I would be deeply indebted to you for information about it. Here is a short video of the problem (hope it works) https://i.imgur.com/dgWZFQO.mp4[/
Computer specs & Updates:
V4.4, Win10Pro64, 16 GB mem, i7-5820-6 core processor & GTX980 GPU 4GB GDDR5. TrackIR, dual 27" Samsung Monitors 60hz, latest updates to P3D 4.5, Nvidia GPU, BIOS!
Regards, Roger
TomazDrnovsek

Re: Fuzzy Graphics only with Head Movement

Post by TomazDrnovsek »

I'm nagging folks with this issue for ages. Every time FPS go below 40 or something I start getting this. Even if I lock frames at 30 FPS and are stable at 30 FPS I get this "effect". It's really annoying but so far I haven't found a solution. It definitely not monitors or graphics card related since I upgraded those and it didn't make any difference. Most people don't even know what I'm talking about when I complain about this.
Kayla Dillon

Post by Kayla Dillon »

Hello,

As per the Oculus Performance Guidelines, applications running at 90 FPS are ideal for VR, while maintaining 45 can be acceptable depending on the application. This is true across many different VR headsets. You can view the guidelines here: https://developer.oculus.com/documentat ... uidelines/

I recommend tuning your settings to get the appropriate performance for your system.

Regards,
Kayla
Prepar3D® Software Engineer
TomazDrnovsek

Post by TomazDrnovsek »

Who said anything about Oculus or VR?
Kayla Dillon

Post by Kayla Dillon »

TomazDrnovsek wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:50 am Who said anything about Oculus or VR?
I apologize, I interpreted head movement as VR. I now realize you're referring to camera panning.

Regards,
Kayla
Prepar3D® Software Engineer
TomazDrnovsek

Post by TomazDrnovsek »

WakashiV, what are your FPS when you're experiencing this? Do you lock your FPS in P3D or do you use Unlimited? Do you have Vsync On or Off?
TomazDrnovsek

Post by TomazDrnovsek »

WakashiV wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:48 am Here is a short video of the problem (hope it works) https://i.imgur.com/dgWZFQO.mp4
How many FPS are you getting in this clip?
WakashiV

Post by WakashiV »

TomazDrnovsek wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:40 am I'm nagging folks with this issue for ages. Every time FPS go below 40 or something I start getting this. Even if I lock frames at 30 FPS and are stable at 30 FPS I get this "effect". It's really annoying but so far I haven't found a solution. It definitely not monitors or graphics card related since I upgraded those and it didn't make any difference. Most people don't even know what I'm talking about when I complain about this.
Thanks for the reply Tomaz, yeah this is very a aggravating problem for me and i guess for you also, makes my eyes cross when I sweep the instrument panel or pan around even outside the cockpit. None of my other sims do that at all, very smooth and fluid. Sorry for the late response but I had almost decided no one looking at the thread so I haven't checked back in a while. Anyway, it is still bad, and I agree, not GPU, Monitors, or anything else I could determine, I tried every setting from default to high and several between to no avail. It seems a bit better at default but the sim is lousy at that setting so I decided I would live with it until I either found an answer or fixed it myself. Again, thanks for the reply!
WakashiV

Post by WakashiV »

Kayla Kinzel wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:00 am
TomazDrnovsek wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:50 am Who said anything about Oculus or VR?
I apologize, I interpreted head movement as VR. I now realize you're referring to camera panning.

Regards,
Kayla
No problem Kayla, at least you made a reply, that's more than LM did! :)
WakashiV

Post by WakashiV »

TomazDrnovsek wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:01 am WakashiV, what are your FPS when you're experiencing this? Do you lock your FPS in P3D or do you use Unlimited? Do you have Vsync On or Off?
I am locked at 25 now, but I have tried every thing from 20 to unlimited at one time or another with no difference that I could tell, V Sync is on triple buffering off, again, I tried it both ways with that also. If you happen to stumble across a solution I would appreciate any feedback and I will do the same for you!
Roger
WakashiV

Post by WakashiV »

TomazDrnovsek wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:05 am
WakashiV wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:48 am Here is a short video of the problem (hope it works) https://i.imgur.com/dgWZFQO.mp4
How many FPS are you getting in this clip?
25 steady, locked at that, everything else works perfectly, just that annoying out of focus head sweep thing!