Driver question Ultrawide

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
mdamstel

Driver question Ultrawide

Post by mdamstel »

I bought a LG ultrawide monitor 3440 x 1440, in Nvidia panel I had to manually adapt refresh rate to 60hz.
In P3DV4.5 I choose this resolution, but it keeps saying resolution is 1920 x 1080. In the P3D4.cfg however it says
LocationFullscreen=0,0,3440,1440,\\.\DISPLAY3

DIsplay is flickering somewhat when panning with Trackir, ShiftZ says about 30-50 fps.

IS this wrong?
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Re: Driver question Ultrawide

Post by Rob McCarthy »

Hello,

If you change the full screen resolution in the Prepar3D UI does it persist correctly? This resolution is only used when entering full screen. When running windowed mode the current resolution of your desktop will be used.

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead
mdamstel

Post by mdamstel »

Display resolution is now good, i tested with only 1 monitor ON (I have triple setup). Image quality is excellent, except for when panning. Everything the is blurry, even when I move my head (EZCA with Trackir) very slowly, until I stop moving my head. I never noticed this when on my old monitor 27 inch 1920x1080.

Is this inherent to the greater resolution?
mdamstel

Post by mdamstel »

Update: reinstalled the 4.4 client and now much better fps and less flickering when panning!