prepar3d.exe command line switch to load and run .FSR

Post your feature requests here. Note that we cannot promise that any of these posts will be commented on or that requested features will be implemented.
Rob Ainscough

prepar3d.exe command line switch to load and run .FSR

Post by Rob Ainscough »

I'm working on a project where it would be VERY handy to be able to use a command line switch that would allow me to load a previously recorded flight (.FSR) and execute/run the playback immediately after load.

Would love to see this added in some future version.

Cheers, Rob.
Rob Ainscough
obinder

Re: prepar3d.exe command line switch to load and run .FSR

Post by obinder »

Hello Rob,

that should be relatively easy to achieve with a separate command line tool and SimConnect. Shouldn't take a lot of effort to implement. Let me know if you are interested, I can probably slap it together real quick.

Best regards
Oliver Binder
Lorby-SI
Rob Ainscough

Post by Rob Ainscough »

HI Oliver,

I've come up with a less clean solution, Prepar3d.exe -fxml:myfolder\myflight.fxml and then once loaded use SimConnect_PlaybackRecording(...) ... it would be nice if I could just specify the path.file.FSR from command line and then monitor FPS via SimConnect_SubscribeToSystemEvent(hSim, eID, "Frame") for SIMCONNECT_RECV_EVENT_FRAME structure for logging.

Cheers, Rob.
Rob Ainscough
obinder

Post by obinder »

Hello Rob,

I would use one single command line application that starts the sim if it is not already running, then waits for SimConnect and then plays the recording that you specified as command line parameter. Shouldn't be more than an hour of effort, if it is that much.

Best regards
Oliver Binder
Lorby-SI