Moved monitors and now all views jacked up

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
erjdriver

Moved monitors and now all views jacked up

Post by erjdriver »

I've got two monitors and repositioned one below the other - now all the views are jacked up.

Some are way zoomed in (don't even see the cockpit), some are skewed...

How can I reset all this?
Mike Sierra

Re: Moved monitors and now all views jacked up

Post by Mike Sierra »

Most probably it's a problem with the NVidia settings.
I'd try to re-arrange the monitors there, then also P3D should offer correct views again.
Michael.
N 48°10' E 13°30' 496m
Austria, Europe
-vv-
ASUS ROG Maximus XI Formula, I9-9900KF, 8x 5,0GHz, Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4-4400, 2x ASUS ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 (SLI) @ 7680x1440, Win10prof64 on 1TB SSD, P3Dv5.3.7... on Samsung M.2 2TB, Saitek cockpit
erjdriver

Post by erjdriver »

I changed the resolution of one of my monitors yesterday - restarted P3D and the views were all jacked up!

What's causing this??

I went back to the old res and restarted - still jacked up.

By "jacked up" - i mean the main view spans both the monitors - when I really want it on the main monitor (Windows monitor id #2) - that's the way it was working ok before.

I then have to re-install everything from the ground up.

Would setting view-groups help - if so any help appreciated.
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Post by Rob McCarthy »

Hello,

When you save a scenario the view locations are also saved out. These are in desktop coordinates so monitor resolution or position changes will impact their positions. You will need to reposition your views and save your scenario again once their placements are correct.

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead
erjdriver

Post by erjdriver »

ok.

The problem is that the main view (i.e. of the 3d cockpit + the front outside view) spans 2 monitors now - so naturally everything is stretched etc.

I wasn't able to move these views.

How can I do it - so that the above main view is on just one monitor - so that I can move my other popped windows to the second monitor.

Thanks.
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Post by Rob McCarthy »

You can undock windows through the context menu. Once these are undocked you can move them to different screens. If you are using full screen the main window cannot be moved. Does exiting full screen, moving the main display, and then entering full screen again solve your problem?

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead