Photoscenery extremely overexposed in 4.4

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
Saldo

Re: Photoscenery extremely overexposed in 4.4

Post by Saldo »

egnurlaup wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:01 pm I have same issue with extensive ORBX scenery in the mix-HDR settings help a little to be fair. Oddly perhaps, MFD and other gauges that I "shift+F1" etc look great? Would love to see this fixed somehow as the Prepar3Dv4 is so much better than the others.

Likewise, I cannot seem to sharpen up the graphics and "fuzzy-ness" seems to be the norm on all aircraft panels. Any ideas for me on that? I have a higher end rig with nVidia 1070 graphics.

I will stay tuned.
OC your cpu to 4.2 or more
You probably also do not have enough VRAM and Internal Menory
WarpD

Post by WarpD »

Saldo wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:40 pm OC your cpu to 4.2 or more
Uh... no.

I run i7 6800K @ 3.4ghz with 16gb DDR4 memory and an nVidia 1070 GTX with 8gb VRAM. I do not have the issues being reported by that user
Ed Wilson
Senior Developer
Mindstar Aviation
Saldo

Post by Saldo »

WarpD wrote: [quote=Saldo post_id=194053 time=<a href="tel:1550846416">1550846416</a> user_id=70239]
OC your cpu to 4.2 or more
Uh... no.

I run i7 6800K @ 3.4ghz with 16gb DDR4 memory and an nVidia 1070 GTX with 8gb VRAM. I do not have the issues being reported by that user
[/quote]

You really have to OC to above 4.0 Ghz at least. And 8 Gb VRAM is little with high AA/AF settings and high shadow settings.
The GPU / VRAM load you can check with GPU-ID which is freeware.
WarpD

Post by WarpD »

I'm sorry, but I disagree. I have absolutely no issues with this setup. Seriously, none.
Ed Wilson
Senior Developer
Mindstar Aviation
egnurlaup

Overexposed Scenery in 4.4 / Cockpit view "blurry"?

Post by egnurlaup »

I agree with the previous posts.

I have tried multiple Lighting slider settings and have gotten a reasonable result with Bloom -0, Sharpness - 80, Saturation - 75. (Shadow Quality - Low and all Lighting boxes checked). I am guessing LM will address this issue in 4.4. It's a shame because 4.4 is such a great improvement otherwise and works so well.

My other problem is that in Cockpit View, I cannot easily read instruments, while calling out instruments in a separate window yields crisp and clear results. Anyone else / Ideas?
Intel Core i7-8700 @ 3.4 GHz 8GB
nVidia RTX 2080 8GB Ram
HyperX 1600 DDR-4-2666 SDRAM
WIN 11 Home (64bit)
HP Envy 27" HD/4K
Multiple ORBX Scenery
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Post by Rob McCarthy »

Hello,

We'll investigate this on our end and get back to you. Thanks again for the reports.

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead
Senchay

Post by Senchay »

8 GB Vram is far from "little". Even with those things activated. There are zero issues here when settings are right.

An RTX 2080 has 8 GB vram too and i can show you many pics where i leave for example KPDX (Flightbeam) inside the orbx regional scenery, with Rex Skyforce, Activesky and Tomatoshade reflections on medium, with SSAA and 4k textures with 40-50 fps on overcast in the pmdg 748 in VC.

EDDP (Digital Design) with all dyn lighting and 748 lights on

There is absolutely no problem. I have a hard time remembering when i saw this 8 GB maxed. And even if it maxes, let it max. As long it doesnt cause loading with camera changes or other stuff. That i never saw yet, also not on my 1070. I have flown with that for the last 1.5 years too.

To get it more crisp lower your settings. (yes, lower). If you mean this happens only with displays i guess you have "mipmap VC panels (or something like that) disabled.

About photoscenery. I think not all are same here. I get this "washed out" look in a few of them, like EDDF or older ones like the Paulo Ricardo stuff but not with ORBX true earth for example. Everything is nicely colored here. At least with HDR (i dont know how ppl can fly without it anyway but thats not my problem).

Was a bit early on that pics, on noon/afternoon its a bit more colorful.

P3D 5.3, I7700K, 2080 RTX, 16GB Ram, Asus Prime Z270K, Win 10
Active Addons: ActiveSky, Skyforce Env Textures, Envshade, GSX, UtLive
Beau Hollis
Lockheed Martin

Post by Beau Hollis »

Can everyone affected, please post post details of your Options->World->Terrain settings (all 4 sliders values and the HD texture checkbox). If you're using the cfg to override the texture exponent please make note of that as well. Does enabling disabling HD textures impact the final texture quality?

Thanks
Beau Hollis
Prepar3D Software Architect
Senchay

Post by Senchay »

Will do in the coming day, yes
Senchay

Post by Senchay »

I guess im the wrong person to do that. For me its the skycolor that makes it too bright and that only on daytime around noon hours (11-15h). Tested with 5 sky colors and its always the same. But still, orbx photoscenery like TE Netherlands doesnt seem affected, only the usual photoscenery.

Highres terrain has little influence, just that the area where it gets blurrier is more affected as the area below the plane.
pvupilot

Post by pvupilot »

Guys, I was suffering from this too. I just built a new rig, new Windows 10, and new P3Dv4.4. After a lot of troubleshooting, I found it to be Envdir/Envshade that was causing the issue. I deactivated it and deleted my P3D shaders folder and now it's back to normal! It's a little bummer because Envshade really did bring the sim alive before, but for whatever reason, it just doesn't like v4.4 and Windows 10 (for me, it worked great in 4.4 Windows 7). I hope this can help some of you!
Senchay

Post by Senchay »

The envtex daytime sky textures do this, yes. THey are very bright on the lower part of the horizon and with some certain famous pta presets it all gets way too bright.

And then there are some photoscenery that simply look bright. Brightness and contrast settings do the rest i guess.
pvupilot

Post by pvupilot »

I don’t use envtex, only envshade. No matter what I did in P3D, Nvidia control panel, or my monitor solved it. But after disabling envshade and deleting my shaders folder, the sim looks back to normal and good again.
Bernie

Post by Bernie »

Hi,

This is interesting, I started having this issue after installing Active Sky Cloud Art and will now uninstall to see if this is causing the problem and report back here if it helps.
KInd Regards

Bernie.
egnurlaup

Post by egnurlaup »

Beau Hollis wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:15 pm Can everyone affected, please post post details of your Options->World->Terrain settings (all 4 sliders values and the HD texture checkbox). If you're using the cfg to override the texture exponent please make note of that as well. Does enabling disabling HD textures impact the final texture quality?

Thanks
Sure Beau.
Level of detail radius MAX
Tessellation Factor Ultra
Mesh Resolultion 5m
Texture Resolution 7cm
Use high-resolutionterrain Textures CHECKED
Intel Core i7-8700 @ 3.4 GHz 8GB
nVidia RTX 2080 8GB Ram
HyperX 1600 DDR-4-2666 SDRAM
WIN 11 Home (64bit)
HP Envy 27" HD/4K