Mouse interaction with menus and panels

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
chumley

Mouse interaction with menus and panels

Post by chumley »

When I first load P3D the menus are unresponsive as are the click points on panels.

If I minimise P3D then immediately maximise it everything works as expected.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a resolution? It's not a game stopper but is somewhat annoying.
Martyson

Re: Mouse interaction with menus and panels

Post by Martyson »

chumley wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:40 pm When I first load P3D the menus are unresponsive as are the click points on panels.

If I minimise P3D then immediately maximise it everything works as expected.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a resolution? It's not a game stopper but is somewhat annoying.
Which P3D version?
Are you testing the default LM F22 jet?
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
chumley

Post by chumley »

P3D Version 4.4.16.27077

Loading an add on from the opening selection screen and locating it to a field other than the default using the time at my current location.

Perhaps I should let it load the defaults then change from the menus.
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

chumley wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:19 am P3D Version 4.4.16.27077

Loading an add on from the opening selection screen and locating it to a field other than the default using the time at my current location.

Perhaps I should let it load the defaults then change from the menus.
To see if your add-ons are causing a problem you can do the debugging steps:
http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic ... 2&t=123246
Best Regards,
paj

Post by paj »

Following as I often have this exact same problem!

I haven't worked out what gets P3D to become responsive again (I just try pressing every key and clicking everywhere until it works!).

Next time I'll specifically try minimising/maximising.
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

paj wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:17 am Following as I often have this exact same problem!

I haven't worked out what gets P3D to become responsive again (I just try pressing every key and clicking everywhere until it works!).

The debugging steps are here:
http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic ... 2&t=123246
Best Regards,
paj

Post by paj »

Thanks.
This is the first time I've seen anyone report a similar issue - so I'm sorta excited.
My difficulty with troubleshooting is the symptom [controls and menus initially unresponsive to mouse clicks or alt-key when loading/starting a flight] is intermittent - probably no more than 1-in-5 flights. I've performed the debugging steps other than systematically removing add-ons.
I'll keep monitoring and testing.
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

paj wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:26 am Thanks.
This is the first time I've seen anyone report a similar issue - so I'm sorta excited.
My difficulty with troubleshooting is the symptom [controls and menus initially unresponsive to mouse clicks or alt-key when loading/starting a flight] is intermittent - probably no more than 1-in-5 flights. I've performed the debugging steps other than systematically removing add-ons.
I'll keep monitoring and testing.
"I've performed the debugging steps other than systematically removing add-ons."

It is important to do all the steps to find the problem.

Which version of P3D are you testing?
Best Regards,
Senchay

Post by Senchay »

paj wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:17 am Following as I often have this exact same problem!

Yes, minmaxing or simply alt tabbing helps.

I have same issue with 1 airport, being EHAM by Flytampa. From around 120 others this is the only one where i can see this happen.

The only difference to my others that i can think of is that i edited my gates here with GSX v2.

Just to be sure that we dont mean a different thing:

I load up P3d into startUpScreen, all is fine. Then i choose EHAM and the whole menu becomes unresponsive when i want to pick my gate/parking. From this moment i have to alt tabbing or minimize it to have menus work again.
P3D 5.3, I7700K, 2080 RTX, 16GB Ram, Asus Prime Z270K, Win 10
Active Addons: ActiveSky, Skyforce Env Textures, Envshade, GSX, UtLive
DaveWG

Post by DaveWG »

I've had this as well. It's as if the P3d window doesn't have focus, although it does. As I run 2 monitors, I usually just click on the second screen then again on the P3d window. I haven't attempted to debug the cause yet. I'm going to be building a new pc in the next coupe of weeks with a fresh install, so it will be interesting to see if it happens with a complete vanilla setup.