[RESOLVED] Can I control the default size and screen position of ATC Window

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
Ace-9

[RESOLVED] Can I control the default size and screen position of ATC Window

Post by Ace-9 »

Hi All.

Is there a way I can fix where the height, width and position on the screen in a config file, of where the ATC window is displayed when opened. I constantly have to resize and re position it which is a major annoyance.

I want it in the lower left of the screen and much smaller, or better have it un-docked and displayed on my other monitor by default.

Hope this is a simple fix of co ordinates in a config file....

Many thanks.
Roger
Tally Ho & ATB...
Roger
Ace-9

Re: Can I control the default size and screen position of ATC Window

Post by Ace-9 »

Can nobody help and shed some light on this please, I am sure it can be done in a config but I am no programmer and dont know where to start....

ATB
Roger
Tally Ho & ATB...
Roger
joshsum

Post by joshsum »

quick search of the internet will give you your answer. I tried this and it works just fine. Thanks J van E for this info

Go to your P3D folder, open the Gauges folder and open missionpanels.cfg with Notepad.

Search for [Window11] which is the ATC window.

Edit the window_size entry or: the numbers are percentages of the screen, so 0.2, 0.53 means the width is a 5th (20%) of your screen and the height is just over half (53%) of your screen.

Edit the position: 0 (zero) is top left corner, 1 is top middle, 2 is top right corner, 3 is left middle, 4 is middle, 5 is right middle, 6 is bottom left corner, 7 is bottom middle, 8 is bottom right corner

Save the file and your done forever. Well, until the next reinstall. Just try some numbers to see what works best for you.

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/5281 ... rmanently/
Aussie1234

Post by Aussie1234 »

As stated by Josh: It is written over with the successive P3D updates so be sure to write down your final selections for when V4.5 comes along :-) .
I used the method to increase the length of the popup menu for GSX by a few lines. Saves having to select 'Next Page...' so often.
Aussie
P3d V6: ProSim-AR B737 suite: Fully enc. 737 Cockpit:
ASky6: Orbx world: GSX2: Pilot2ATC: Open Cockpits & Simworld h'dware:
Ext view - 4 LCD monitors, 210' viewgroup from 1x RTX 4080 16Gb. Main i9-13900K MSI 64GB.
Ace-9

Post by Ace-9 »

Many thanks for the replies gents.

You say a quick search, alas my "quick search" failed because I did not really know what to search for I guess... and if I dont get a hit in the top 5, I move on, if only I looked at the 6th LOL....

Joking aside, I am truly grateful for your response on the P3D forum, which after all, I recon the subject should be able to be found...

ATB, Tally Ho, Chocks away.
Rog
Tally Ho & ATB...
Roger