[RESOLVED] Installing on an SSD drive

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to installing the Prepar3D client application or it's installer.
falcon9999

[RESOLVED] Installing on an SSD drive

Post by falcon9999 »

I am really sorry as this question must have been asked many times but here goes, I am trying to install P3D entirely on my SSD drive as my main C: drive where Win 10 is, is an old HDD, I can download P3D and then I move it to the SSD then I unzip to my SSD but when I try to install it on the SSD half of it goes to my C: drive and then when trying to run it I get the small opening screen then nothing. I seem to remember someone saying you have to rename my SSD drive being my E: drive to something else, any advice please, thank you in advance.
AnkH

Re: Installing on an SSD drive

Post by AnkH »

Again a thread where half of the relevant Information is missing, sorry to say.

What drive your SSD has now? Did you really uninstall P3D completely before trying to install it elsewhere? Do you want to move the existing Installation on C:? What do you mean by moving the zip on the SSD?

Maybe you should take back a step start from the beginning...

1. Download the full P3D installer and put it where ever you want (this is really not in any case relevant).
2. Start the setup and tell the installer, you want to install on your SSD (specify the path, example D:\Lockheed Martin).
3. That's it. P3D should be installed in D:\Lockheed Martin. Of course, some files will still end up on C:\ in your user Folders, but way less than "half of it".

Besides that I strongly recommend that you completely re-install everything including Windows. It does simply not make sense to run W10 from an old system HDD but P3D from a SSD...
------------------
Chris

Hardware: i7 8700K@5.0GHz, 2x16GB DDR4 3200MHz CL14 RAM, Gigabyte Aorus GTX-1080Ti OC, Samsung SSDs (250GB for OS, 2TB for P3D), Windows 10 Home
falcon9999

Re: Installing on an SSD drive

Post by falcon9999 »

OK thanks for that, I will do as you suggest. Actually I have been toying with the idea of buying a 1TB SSD and reinstalling Win 10 on it, in fact I think I will when funds permit. Thanks again.