Lost flatten for my ES Scilly Isles St Marys airport after P3D V4.4 client update

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
monir geadah

Lost flatten for my ES Scilly Isles St Marys airport after P3D V4.4 client update

Post by monir geadah »

Still with my seven years old system having replaced the failed main drive C and reinstalled window 10 and all backed up scenery addon successfully including Earth Simulations ones. However after updating my P3D V4.3 client to V4.4. Every thing is working great apart from loosing my flatten for St Marys airport.

Any help on how to regain my flatten would be greatly appreciated.

Monir
monir geadah

Re: Lost flatten for my ES Scilly Isles St Marys airport after P3D V4.4 client update

Post by monir geadah »

If Old Friends and members on this forum and users of Earth Simulations precious scenery addons, are reading this thread and can advice or help me get a flatten for St Marys airport of Scilly Isles, from somewhere? I would be grateful.

George Davison, AKA [ananda] and Kevin Firth, are possibles help and advise.

DR Monir Geadah
Fotgive any spelling mistakes please. Happy New Year.
DaveWG

Re: Lost flatten for my ES Scilly Isles St Marys airport after P3D V4.4 client update

Post by DaveWG »

I found I had to put the flatten in Prepar3D v4\Scenery\BASE\Scenery rather than E:\Prepar3D v4\Scenery\World\scenery to get it to work. Never could get it to work in an external scenery folder.
monir geadah

Post by monir geadah »

Thank you Dave for your input.There is 7 BGL in the scenery folder of ES St Marys airport.

EGHE-Afd
EGHE-blend
EGHE-lights
EGHE-sock
EGHE-3dgrass
EGHE-airport
EGHE-fence

Am I missing a Flaten BGL?.

What is the suffix of a flatten BGL?

Should I have a Default EXCLUDE BGL ?
ananda

Post by ananda »

I am currently working exclusively in Germany, but, you should have CVXEGHE.BGL in the StMarys\Scenery folder.
monir geadah

Post by monir geadah »

Thank you George for your feedback, much appreciated response.
I do not know how I lost that flatten bgl. I am not in the know how to make one . I will try to use the private messaging contact of this forum for further advice or help.

Best wishes.

Monir
DaveWG

Post by DaveWG »

I don't seem to have a CVXEGHE.BGL either.
I do have a EGHE_StMarys_ALT.bgl, which is the one I mentioned in my earlier post.
ananda

Post by ananda »

The "alt" file is used to reset the default elevation (it mut be below the base files in the scenery library). The cvx file is to delete the defaullt flatten and replace it with another at the new elevation.
monir geadah

Post by monir geadah »

I definitely have no "Alt" file or a "CVX" file .

It looks as if I need at least one of them. ?? where from?

Previously I was running with both FSX and P3D installed on the same hard drive. ES Isles of Scilly scenery were running OK on both. As P3d Version 4.4 improved so much, I decided to run with only P3D V4.4. on my new C drive . most of my many backed up scenery addon are working Great on P3D V4.4. and still with my seven year old system.

Thank You LM for your great work and continuous support and improvements. May it continue always.

Monir
monir geadah

Post by monir geadah »

More helpful discussions and resolutions continued on this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=132237

regards

Monir